• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD no longer available for high sierra ?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, is it possible to download an old version of XD?

My system software is on High Sierra and has version 10.13.

I would be super grateful for any hints!

Nadine

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Hi Nadin,

I was informing you at the start of our conversation, In XD we provide the latest version of XD plus two last versions of XD. From XD 34.0 XD stopped supporting to 10.13. So I really doubt we have any way to any version below XD 34.0. 

I suggest you update your OS, to enjoy the exciting new features of XD also.

Please let me know if I can help you more.

Thanks, 

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nadin,

Thank you for writing to us, Please check from creative cloud ->go to XD-> other versions. 

Other version.png

From XD 34.0,  Mac 10.13 is not supported. 

I suggest you upgrade the version, so you can use the latest feature of XD.

Happy Designing!!

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vertika,

thank you for your fast answer!

Ohhh great hint! But i dont find any other versions... 😞

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-03 um 09.24.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nadin,

I was informing you at the start of our conversation, In XD we provide the latest version of XD plus two last versions of XD. From XD 34.0 XD stopped supporting to 10.13. So I really doubt we have any way to any version below XD 34.0. 

I suggest you update your OS, to enjoy the exciting new features of XD also.

Please let me know if I can help you more.

Thanks, 

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I tried to avoid the update. But then I guess I'll have to try it. Thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't we just download the last compatible version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vertika, please relay to your team that they cannot do this. You can't take away an app. I have an active subscription. I have created files in XD. My Macbook screen is dying so I bought a replacement, but it's the same computer, and the latest OS it runs is 10.13. It's wrong for Adobe to remove functionality from my subscription and remove access to editing files that I have created previously. You need to give us access to install the previous version of XD even if you don't "support" it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is simply unacceptable. Adobe cannot force people to buy new computers to work with their existing. It's fine if your new version with new features only works on newer operating systems, but people need to keep the access to the version that was working on their existing system and Adobe needs to ensure it remains available as long as they are doing things via subscription. If you don't honor this you will see a mass exodus as you break trust with your users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I don't like this. Just let us download previous versions with the understanding they are no longer supported. There are many reasons people stay with an older MacOS system. This is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah! i'm having the same problem here, and with my company imac...so they are changing the macs for a pc, so adobe, can you hekp us? Because i don't want a PC....a just need the xd, a lastest version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate this too! Your apps are not a game for entertainment. For a working computer, there are so many reason not to update the OS to the lastest one. 
(And in fact, I try to upgrade to mojave last year, indesign and photoshop got many problem with the OS, I stuck on the apps for a few days, photohsop resizing an image for a few minute the imac with Mojave, but it took a few second to do the same thing on High Sierra on a macbook!!!!! ) 

I would happy to try the lastest version on my macbook (which is not for working)

I wish we could download previous versions with the understanding they are no longer supported. I think this is what we expect for the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no solution from Adobe nor from Apple as of 1st March 2021. I have the same issue (imac 27inch from 2011 running High Sierra) and so even if you happen to have an old version of XD still running, like I did, you won't be able to use the latest Material Design Kits from Google and iOS.

So the only solution I found is to use Figma instead of XD. Figma is also free for individuals (freelancers, students, etc) but unlike XD, it is web based, meaning your computer hardware / sotfware version is not penalised. You will need a good internet conexion. Best of luck!

Personally, I find companyies like Adobe, and particluarly Apple, to be practising a very unsustainable business policiy, by trying to force their customers to ditch perfectly useful & in working condition computers for newer models just so we can run their software. That is not a good brand move in the long-term. I hope they realise how bad is making them look and the rhuge amount of waste they will create globally in a few years time with their current wasteful policies.

Shame on their Corporate Chief Executive Officers for backing this up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines