Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD png export - problem with quality/pixelation

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the very latest download of XD for Windows 10 and have just been trying to export all of my site graphics as pngs...

However, the graphic quality is very bad (pixelated) on everything that was brought in originally from Photoshop.

In the XD program itself, the quality is perfect. It simply won't save it that way. Everything made from XD itself saves off perfectly.

My previous XD download did not have this problem. Everything was perfect when exporting elements as pngs.

I have not changed anything since, apart from having the latest XD download now.

Please help asap as it is for work.

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Hi, after experimenting, this seems the best workaround.... there are 2 stages:

1. for anything that was brought into xd from another program (Photoshop), that you don't mind being saved off as separate items, export as svg (link) as the quality for this is even better. Then downsize.
  2. then, for everything else that you need exported as a group (for example a button) and which also includes graphics created by xd, export as android 75% (and find the graphics in the drawable-xxxhdpi folder, as you ment

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this, we are currently working on fixing this issue. If you upvote this issue you will get updates: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/18002248/activity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and help in fixing the problem.

Do you know when I can expect a fix on this issue by the way, just so I know what to do regarding work in the meantime?

Thanks for the link you gave me. I just tried it, and it excepted my email address, but then said this: 'Sorry, you don't have permission to access the Admin Console.' So, I also don't know how to upvote this issue. Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops, this is the correct link: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/18002248

I'm afraid I'm not sure when the fix will ship. In the mean time there is a slight work around for this issue where you can export for Android in xxxhdpi, and then scale the image down in another application. This way you will not lose as much quality, although it it still not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the link, I upvoted that issue.

I did try to export for Android in xxxhdpi as suggested, but, for me, it hasn't helped the problem. It is all still bad quality when saving off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after experimenting, this seems the best workaround.... there are 2 stages:

1. for anything that was brought into xd from another program (Photoshop), that you don't mind being saved off as separate items, export as svg (link) as the quality for this is even better. Then downsize.
  2. then, for everything else that you need exported as a group (for example a button) and which also includes graphics created by xd, export as android 75% (and find the graphics in the drawable-xxxhdpi folder, as you mentioned before). Then downsize.

• Important to note that svg (link) and android 75% (xxxhdpi) come out at different sizes and therefore need a different percentage of downsize outside of xd to be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue for me too,  we are not able to export the icon correctely 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines