Exit

XD prototype with controller jumps screens

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encoutering a frustrating issue.
1. Created a button component
2. Assigned Interaction as DPad Down from an XBOX paired controller as the trigger
3. Share the XD project
4. View the project in a browser, when you DPad Down the XD will jump across 2-3 screen like it is using "REPEAT" on the DPad Down button.

Is there some kind of work around for this?
TIA

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ttam,

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue? Could you please share the link with us so that we can check at our end? If possible, please share the XD file with us so that we can try replicating at our end. Also, share the version of XD and the details of your operating system.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am experiencing this issue too.
When I use the prototype in XD everything is fine, but when I generate a link and try to click it through from a browser every click is recognized as if I would click it double or triple. I'm using an XBOX controller and tried from Google Chrome, Firefox and Edge too. 
Please help, this is preventing me to share any prototypes across my team...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I have a similar issue. It already happens inside XD in the preview, that it behaves as if I press the dpad or RT, LT buttons several times in the row. I am trying to prototype a menu that is navigated with RT/ LT and it doesn't let me show how to navigate from menu tab to menu tab. Instead I can only jump from first tab to last tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines