Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD shows blank white screen

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'd worked with the beta for quite some time on my device but after some upgrades of XD & Windows, the app just shows a blank white screen after startup. After a minute the app crashes without further information's.

I used CC Cleaner do clean everything and reinstall from scratch. Same error.

The Apps Event Log shows an error saying:

"Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync failed because the URI scheme adbxd.helper.app is not supported by this API."

Any advise?

Steps so far:

• reboot
  • CCCleaner
  • reboot
  • Removed all Adobe Products manually & with CCCleaner

System:

• Windows 10 1703 on Surface Book with latest version (no Insider build)

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated today to the latest Beta Version of XD. Still no luck and same error in EventLog. Any Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem for weeks now and couldn't find a solution online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me ask around and see if we have a solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all those affected with this issue, please send me the following info over a private message.

- Your Adobe ID

- Phone number

- Link to this forum post.

To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button. I will raise a support case for the team to get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

today the adobe support called me but was not able to help me, beside the fact, that they advised me to create a new user profile (second user) on my device.

In fact, with that second user and a fresh profile, the app started to work again. Unfortunately switching to a fresh profile is like reinstalling the device, so it is no solution for me.

Knowing that it was related to my profile, I found the solution my self:

Open registry and look for a key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\adbxd.helper.app and delete it from the registry.

I my case, there was a string value pointing to an older release (Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.16.7)

karimm26572410 Does this also solve your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So happy, I've been unable to use XD for 2-3 months, but this fixed it.

Shame Adobe don't seem to know this fix, as I spent about an hour with support before they just copped out and told me the Creators Update wasn't supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does seem odd. Creators looks just like Windows 10 did before, and is unlikely to be the reason something wouldn't work. I think we're lucky that MichaelKeatonIsBatman didn't post a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines