• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD User interface

Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are major  defferences between XD user interface  in mac and windows, no main menu in windows, and i am teaching using mac. this is confusing 😞 why is this!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Hi Manal,

I understand your concern and frustration. There is a post on community wherein our product manager has explained the reason behind this here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/top-menu-bar-with-options-file-edit-and-object-are-missing-in-xd-on-windows/td-p/8806293

I would request you to please take a look on this post. I hope the explaination would give you some relax and reduce your confusion about this difference.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manal,

I understand your concern and frustration. There is a post on community wherein our product manager has explained the reason behind this here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/top-menu-bar-with-options-file-edit-and-object-are-missing-i...

I would request you to please take a look on this post. I hope the explaination would give you some relax and reduce your confusion about this difference.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem, that  i have Convinced the organazation (institute) to accept Adobe Xd  to rely on using adobe xd as a main course or subject to finish the deploma along with photoshop, illustrator, indesign, after effects.......

now the student who using windows are not happy and am using mac. actually the half of students are using mac and the other half are using windows.

the main problem that windows users, are not happy that they study with something tottaly defferent on the teachers app, that me.

and i cannot move to windows for sure noway to buy another laptop, they are not mature enough to understand the reson and we are on online training because of covid-19.

really this is disappointed for me.

why not to make 2 versions for xd on windows, one exactly like mac version and one for UWP...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

after my experiecne teaching adobe XD, and we are almost about to finish the course.

Some of students are using mac and some using windows, i have changed my mind 🙂 there is no problem at all with differences between mac and windows, and it was amazing experience.

thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is because Adobe made a bad decision with developing a 'professional' tool on a dead platform (UWP), which even Microsoft doesn't care about, but for some reason they are sticking with it no matter what. Also, someone decided that designers use their fingers to design pixel-perfect apps, so it's super important that everything is touch-friendly. You know, for all those people that design on their Windows phones 🙂

As a result their user experience app has the worst possible user experience of all of their apps. You can either decide you like Xd enough to suffer through all of it's flaws or switch to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines