• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD window not scrolling

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love XD on the Mac but wanted to show it off on Windows 10. Interestingly, the workspace will not scroll using arrows or the touchscreen. The application does not appear to see that the workspace is larger than the available real estate. Obviously with 30-40 mockups, this becomes a big issue and renders the app unusable. The device in question is a Lenovo Miix 520 convertible running Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

As we continue to investigate this, it looks you may be hitting two different problems:

• Spacebar-drag panning: This is blocked in all apps by the default trackpad drivers on most Thinkpad/Lenovo laptops.  You'll see the same problem in Photoshop as well, for example.  See below for two workaround options.
  • Two-finger panning: We're still not sure what's going on with this, but we found one computer at the office that has the same problem, so we'll keep digging into it.  Most Thinkpads do not have t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, if only the operating system provided a concept to allow users to scroll content, maybe we could call it a "Scroll Bar"? Maybe something like this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/controls/about-scroll-bars Then all the applications on an operating system could use the same functionality so that user's don't have to learn a whole bunch of hidden commands (like holding down sift and scrolling a wheel on a mouse to make the screen move horizontally). Seriously though, I really don't understand Adobe's war on scroll bars in their applications; it makes their applications harder to use for the occasional user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two finger gestures (zoom/pan) should work with XD version 2.0. Please update XD and let us know if the issues persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing for me on Windows, even with the latest update.  Have 'Vertical' scrolling on but doesn't work or show a scroll bar at all .

Seems like your development team are focused on Mac users.  Doubt I will continue to use this product on windows as plenty of other issues compared to what I know works on Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would it scroll if you have the viewport height set larger than the artboard? Reduce that to say 667.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(And increase the artboard height to 800 of course)...  

Hopefully working well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried your answer and some of the other things in this discussion below. I can't even navigate the example boards in your XD tutorials on my windows 10 machine. There is no scrolling and panning does not work either. Your tutorials suggest panning too and it just does not work. Luckily I have bought an MS Surface which has touch screen so I guess XD will be more usable on that machine, but for now, poor navigation makes it unusable...ironic given it is a design tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this is bad such a simple thing is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ama also having a similar problem. I used to be able to zoom as well as pan using the trackpad on my Mac in photoshop and now I can't. The preference settings only lets me use the trackpad for either panning or zooming. Help?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested, and both XD and Photoshop can use two finger pinch to zoom, and two finger movement to pan. In the case of pan in Photoshop, if you're zoomed out far enough to see the pasteboard area, it will seem like nothing is happening, you would want to be zoomed in far enough not to see the whole image, then the pan works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines