• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom-in Zoom-out keyboard shortcut's don't work properly in today's update.(39.0.12)

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I hope this bug will be solved soon because it is really annoying.

Win10

XD version:

Expected behaviour:
Ctrl + Space for zoom-in
Ctrl + Alt + Space for zoom-out
(Any key can be pressed first. Key order doesn't change the behaviour. Such as all other CC apps and also such as old versions of XD)

Currently:
For zoom-in, you have to press the "Ctrl" key first.

Otherwise, if you press the "space" key first, the cursor stands still on the hand prop.

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Hiya,

I've checked the latest version which deployed today (40.0.22.12) and it looks like the issue is solved.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same bug after updating to Adobe XD version 39.0.12 on Windows 10. I have a huge file (all artboards don't even fit in the minimum zoom level of 2.5%) and need to constantly to pan and zoom in and out to create transitions between artboards. 

monterxz_0-1618312035763.png

Also, I've noticed that sometimes cursor remains stuck at Pan tool (hand icon) after pressing Space, panning and releasing Space. I have to press Space again to switch back to regular Selection tool (arrow icon). I'm used to do pan and zoom very quickly in previous version, but now it's just unbearable. I hope this bug will be fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your observations. We did try it at our end and we are able to reproduce the issue. I have logged a bug for this issue so that our team can investigate the issue.

I will share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Sorry for the inconvenience.A bug is alreday logged and the team is investigating it.

Meanwhile Can you please try some of the Workaround for zoom in/out listed below:

1.Using Ctrl + / Ctrl -
2.Using Ctrl+ space+mouse scroll /  Ctrl+ Alt+ space+mouse scroll 
3.Ctrl+ mouse scroll 
4.Ctrl +trackpad using two fingers

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please this bug is making me working slower and i'm not seeing any update available in weeks. Is anything changed or is there anything that we can do to help fix this bug other than reporting it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the options working out for me..Ctrl + Space is the most used hot key in XD pl revert it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. Could you please try updating to the latest version of XD 40 and see if that works for you now?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

I've checked the latest version which deployed today (40.0.22.12) and it looks like the issue is solved.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Han cambiado los comandos de navegación, la barra espaciadora (la mano) actúa como botón y tienes que volverla a pulsar para poner la herramienta de selección. Un problema cuando estás acostumbrado en todas las aplicaciones de Adobe a mantenerla pulsada, moverte por el espacio de trabajo y simplemente con soltarla vuelves a tener la herramienta de selección. Al igual que la lupa "+" (Mayus+Space) antes se pulsaba a la vez y al soltar las teclas volvías al cursos, ahora se pulsa en orden, primero mayús y después Space.

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for reaching out. We have already shared the feedback with the Engineering team and I will update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other feedback or questions in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after an update on April 13, 2021,

the spacebar + control key does not work well.

Should work without any hesitation, pressing spacebar and control key at the same time, it used to change from hand to zoom but in version 3.8,  the transition of the tools stopped/ not changed to zoom immediately.

anyone could help? the shortcut has been changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Shortcut changes as far as i know.

but, try also this site here with your issue: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand your concern and thank you for sharing your observation. There is an ongoing discussion happening here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/zoom-in-zoom-out-keyboard-shortcut-s-don-t-work-properly-in-... 

We request you and Joely to please join the conversation and route the customers facing a similar issue on the post shared. 

The team is already working on it and you'll definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest XD update, several members of my team are reporting problems with the CTRL + space and CTRL + ALT + space keyboard shortcuts to access the zoom tool in XD.

These keyboard shortcuts, which had previously functioned without issue, now only seem to work intermittently. The cursor seems to be getting stuck in the grab / pan state, which seems to be related to the issue. All of the users are on PC.  

Will it be possible to look into fixing this problem in an upcoming release, as it is causing us workflow issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For comparison, it works fine on my Windows installation. Are all of your computers the same build? Wondering if there's a conflict there. In the mean time, do you know you can hold down the Control key and use the mouse scrollwheel to zoom in/out? Just a workaround for now until you figure out what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad, thanks for the reply - yes we're using CTRL + the mousewheel to zoom in and out as a workaround for now. However, this still isn't ideal as there's the issue of the cursor getting stuck in the hand / grab / pan state. This seems to happen if the space bar is used (to trigger the pan functionality) too quickly after CTRL + mousewheel is used. It seems to be a conflict between the two functions of the space bar. Unfortunately this is happening quite a lot, as we work quite quickly!

For info we are using different Windows builds - e.g. I'm on a Surface Pro, and one of my colleages is on an HP laptop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are problems and Adobe Employees acknowledged it here Re: ctrl + spacebar does now work smoothly after u... - Adobe Support Community - 11965766

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine has the same problem. Stuck at hand tool or zoom tool.  have to wait about a second or two to be changed. so slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here on windows.  CTRL + Mousewheel = stuck in grab state.  Very painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use Ctrl + Plus/Minus (just curious because I'm on Mac and use Cmd + Plus/Minus (Windows Ctrl + Plus/Minus equivalent) and never use Cmd + Wheel (Windows Ctrl + Wheel equivalent))?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - using CTRL + plus/minus results in the same issue; if we then use the space bar quickly afterwards (i.e. for panning around), the cursor gets stuck in the grab state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue after the latest XD update. It looks like the zoom shortcut is only working if you use it in the specific order of first hitting CTRL, then space (and finally ALT for zooming out). If you use any other order the zoom functionaly does not work anymore. I always used it by just hitting all the buttons at the same time, which is much faster. Also when you want to use the hand tool afterwards you have to let unpress all the buttons and afterwards hit space (before you could just keep the spacebar pressed). It is a pretty annoying bug. I use the latest version of XD on Windows 10 Pro (version 20H2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use ZOOM (ctrl with my scroll wheel) and PAN (space bar with click drag) frequently to navigate my xd workspace. I switch between the two quickly and have been doing so for a long time.

Since the last update 39.0.12.12

Now every second or third time I try to ctrl + scroll wheel, it seems to be stuck in PAN or even switches to ZOOM. 

At first I thought I had a sticky keyboard but I tested the keyboard and it seems fine.

The problem goes away if I click on somewhere else in the app like the layers or prototype tab. Or click the space bar a few times.It feels like there is just a lag in disingaging the PAN since the last update, and in some cases locking it.

This is very annoying and strange.

Does anyone else experience this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same symptom for me.
With this problem, it is almost impossible to work.
We need quick action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines