• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't copy paste text from other apps into After Effects

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't copy paste text from other apps into After Effects tekst layer. Not from InDesign or Pages or any other app. 

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

UPDATE: This issue has been fixed in After Effects 18.4.1.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on 22.3.0 and still have issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purge data and media cache. Once done, close the App try to re-open it, and open project via after effect in "recently open".
It does help fix issue.
Hope this clarify. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the workaround that I found: open After Effects by opening the application, DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK ON YOUR PROJECT FILE. That's they. Open your project. Then all the copy-paste functions should be working fine now. Let me know if it worked for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
did somebody say this issue is fixed?
This little loyal fellow bug is still alive (newest OS/AE on M1 Max).

Workaround 1: Open AEP-files from within AE not via double-click in the finder/explorer.
Workaround 2: Alt-Click on source-text stopwatch, so that „text.sourceText“ is inserted as default expression. Delete the expression right away and pasting text works again as supposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for these workarounds. This bug has been killing me.
Jeff

--
Jeff Sargeant
SargeTV
www.sargetv.com
203-584-3870

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please give some additional detials as to how this is occurring for you? I am not able to reproduce it on my M1 Max, MacOS 12.5.1 in AE 22.6 by simply opening an .AEP from the finder and then pasting text from the clipboard. That is working just fine for me.

You mention disabling expressions. Are expressions required for you to reproduce this issue? If not, from where are you copying the text, etc.?

Any details would be most appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul,
i'm on a Macbook Pro 16 M1 Max/OSX 12.4/AE 22.6.
I was mainly copying formatted text from Excel or TextEdit, but with unformatted text it happened as well.
My experience is that this this bug is crawling in over time when i have AE open for a long time.

When i noticed this bug this time, it was in a totally expression free project.
What i was saying is that i found this workaround by simply stopwatching the text source expression to solve the bug. I was even thinking about writing an expression that incorporates a „stopwatch text source“- command before pasting text onto a text layer – but well i failed. 
As mentioned the other workaround (opening AEPs from within AE) works just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources