Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d camera track : analysis failed

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Im new to this field.. I just recorded a video in my iphone 8 plus for that card freeze scene. but when I do camera tracking..it says analysis failed: Help needed!

I tried these things:

Run as administrator

create new composition for project

stil the same issueScreenshot (277).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

The problem in your scene is that there isn't enough information in the background to track. All white walls isn't doing you any favors. Try refilming the footage against a background with more "Tracking Points". Either move to a different room with bookshelves and photos on the wall (or simply just more stuff back there) or make some X shapes with tape on the blank walls so that there is something to track. In a pinch, just stick a bunch of post-it notes on those walls so that there is contrast

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem in your scene is that there isn't enough information in the background to track. All white walls isn't doing you any favors. Try refilming the footage against a background with more "Tracking Points". Either move to a different room with bookshelves and photos on the wall (or simply just more stuff back there) or make some X shapes with tape on the blank walls so that there is something to track. In a pinch, just stick a bunch of post-it notes on those walls so that there is contrasting information for the tracker to solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you will try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera tracking works best with a camera that is moving in a fairly straight line. It sometimes works OK with a panning shot but you don't get depth information. It's hard to tell from your screenshot and limited description but corner pin tracking or even Motion Tracking may be a better option.

To solve problems please try and be as descriptive as possible. If the shot is a handheld shot of the actor flashing the cards to the camera and you want to do some kind of replacement of a card then Camera Tracking is the wrong tool for the job. Please tell us exactly what you are trying to do and what the camera move looks like. I highly doubt that Camera Tracking is the right tool for a "Card Freeze shot."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answer! He helped me to understand what my mistake was. I photographed the video using your tips and it all worked. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines