• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Camera Tracker Error 'unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection' (After Effects 23.x)

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3d Camera Tracker Error 'unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection'. I have re-installed and updated to the latest release. Please note I do not use dynamic link ever! 2017 Imac Monterey Vers 12.6 64GB Ram, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB. Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. My productivity vs cost of Adobe subscription has been seriously compromised this year. Rich.

Title edited by Mod. to include After Effects version

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Hi everyone, I had a meeting today with Sean and Jamie from Adobe. They had me enable logging, and run the tracker again. This time after my crash and "unable to to obtain dynamiclink server connection" error, we saw that a .dll in my MediaCore folder from 3rd party developer KeenTools had caused the crash. I uninstalled the plugin, wiped the KeenTools folder, and my problem was solved! 

This was after uninstalling adobe, running the cleaner tool, launching in safe mode, etc. Somehow the plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Hi, had the same problem with the last versions of AE (and AE Beta) with warp stabilizer, I updated mac OS and when started up again in AE, the problem was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I had a meeting today with Sean and Jamie from Adobe. They had me enable logging, and run the tracker again. This time after my crash and "unable to to obtain dynamiclink server connection" error, we saw that a .dll in my MediaCore folder from 3rd party developer KeenTools had caused the crash. I uninstalled the plugin, wiped the KeenTools folder, and my problem was solved! 

This was after uninstalling adobe, running the cleaner tool, launching in safe mode, etc. Somehow the plugin had been interfering with Adobe's background process. Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed your lead on this and it seems it was the same Keen Tools Geotracker plugin which was causing issues for me. 

It's early days yet, but i've just uninstalled an old demo version of Geotracker and so far, the native AE 3D camera tracking works properly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can CONFIRM that it works, this is the solution.
I also had Geotracker installed. By simply uninstalling the Plugin, Camera Tracker works again. Instantly.

At last!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES YES YES!!! Consider this thread closed, at least for me.

What an elegant and painless solution and what a brilliant idea this is.

So after all, the solution came from Adobe via prodbyjoe_

@nishukush It is solved! Kick out Keen tools and be keen! God bless everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is in fact the solution as you and others have confirmed that's great (haven't tested personally).  It would be good for anyone using geotracker actively to make this issue known with the keentools team as well.  Uninstalling is a great short term fix but seems like this should be something that keentools should be able to resolve as well since it's negatively impacting so many people trying to use their product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that we found the root cause. Thanks prodbyjoe_ and everyone for their cooperation and patience.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, KeenTools team here! 

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused by our tool!
W
e already fixed this error last year. If you are still experiencing it, you probably have a beta version installed. Please just update your GeoTracker to the latest version, and it shouldn't occur again. 

If you come across any issues with our tools, feel free to contact us at: team@keentools.io. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude... Thank you. Seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, had the same problem with the last versions of AE (and AE Beta) with warp stabilizer, I updated mac OS and when started up again in AE, the problem was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it is the plugin of "Connect Fonts" (former Extensis Suitcase) ExtensisFontManagementAE2024.plugin it gives allways errors that the plugin has been deactivated, when i click OK the tracker starts to analyse. AE and the plugins with latest updates AE 24.03 (Build 2) and ExtensisFontManagementAE2024.plugin @ 25.0.1.11288. The Error message allways appears behind the AE App window so i didnt see it in the beginning.

Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2 (22G320)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the above worked for me as well! Looks like the connect fonts plugin was also messing with the dynamic link. Turned off the plugin and now the warp stabilizer works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines