• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE closes automatically when I add Fractal Noise fx

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys and thanks in advance to anyone who will be able to help me.
I am working on an After Effects project on my iMac Late 2013, the project is simple and light, nothing heavy for the machine. At the moment I have a composition in which I have added a Solid Layer and at this layer I need to add the Fractal Noise effect. As soon as I try to put the effect on the Solid layer, AE closes automatically and reports an error.
Can anyone tell me what could be the cause?
If you need more data, let me know.

Thanks,
Davide

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Have you tried to deactivate Mercury GPU Acceleration? Go to File > Project Settings and choose Mercury software only under Video Rendering and effects tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davide,

Sorry for your issue.

What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS) and resolution of the Comp? Do you use any third-party plug-ins? Also, have you tried clearing the media cache? Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cache-files-in-a... 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu.
Thanks for your answer.
AE crashes and quits when I try to add Fractal Noise to any Solid Layer. I have tried on several projects, even on a completely blank and new one, with a single composition at 25 fps 1920x1080, without using any third party plugins. Clearing the cache does not solve the problem. I attach the screenshot of the error message I see (it is in Italian, sorry) and my iMac data. I am aware that it is an obsolete computer by now, but adding Fractal Noise I don't think it is such a difficult task and in any case this machine has already managed much heavier projects. Do I have to add the very long report produced by AE as well? Thanks in advance,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to deactivate Mercury GPU Acceleration? Go to File > Project Settings and choose Mercury software only under Video Rendering and effects tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works! Solved.
Thank you so much Jose, you saved my brain (as much as possible, of course)
Thanks thanks thanks.

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines