Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 17.1.4 is now live!

Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 17.1.4 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This update adds two new enhancements and contains several bug-fixes.

What's new?

• The Channel Combiner and Channel Effects are now GPU accelerated
  • Motion Graphic templates that utilize the Roto Brush Effect can now be imported into Premiere Pro

What's fixed?

• The Create Shapes from Vector Layer command is now disabled for Illustrator layers if the source file is missing
  • Bug fixes for the Median effect when rendering transparent pixels: alpha channel edges render correctly in 32-bpc color, and layers that are completely transparent no longer return an error message, “Photoshop Library operation failed”
  • Fixed an issue where using shape stroke taper was generating a spike at start and end points
  • Fixed an issue with Master Properties that was causing the push and pull buttons to be grayed out after keyframe interpolation changes
  • Fixed an issue where adding dropdown menu items to existing Motion Graphics templates and replacing in Premiere was resetting previous selections
  • Fixed an issue in the Echo effect, where it could produce garbage pixels in output

Complete documentation:

How do I update After Effects?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top-left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

17.1.4.png

What should I do if I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application?
Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeps crashing CONSTATNLY! nice "update"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help, GWATdesign.

Please provide more details about your system and OS. Are you crashing on launch or while working?

The more info you can provide, the better. 

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was crashing too.  3 or 4 times an hour.  I had to downgrade back to 17.1.3 (build 41).  System info below:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor

Total Physical Memory 128 GB

Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about that, Dutter475.

Was After Effects crashing on launch or while doing something specific? Can you check if there are any crash logs on your system: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput...

Happy to help.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was crashing indiscriminately. Never on startup though only while
working. I attached a couple of crash files.

*Daniel UtterMotion Designer, Visual Design*

*MOOD: *

[Personal info removed by Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RameezKhan
it was crashing during useage, it was perfectly fine before the update, im using a mac with the latest OS

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac19,1

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 9 MB

Memory: 40 GB

Boot ROM Version: 1037.140.50.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.46f13

Serial Number (system): C02C405DJV3Y

Hardware UUID: 189A4893-773C-5C97-82CB-66B931A496DF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Courtney5CF3!

If it's crashing while working, a crash log would be super helpful. Can you find a crash log that you can share?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having some severe crashing problems!  This update seems to be pretty terrible.  What's going on??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see your crash files, Dutter475. Maybe the community platform doesn't allow attaching the file format.

Can you upload them to Google Drive or Creative Cloud Files and share the URL with me?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, good 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud desktop application keeps telling me that After Effects is up to date. But it's still on the 17.0.2 version. Even after refreshing it's still up to date. What can I do to get the new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your computer managed by your IT department by any chance?

Let me know.
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

üzgünüm 😞 ama dosya böyle kalıyor açılmıyor

ilerlemiyor

CoLLHaRD_0-1600968126674.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this, CoLLHaRD.

Try disabling your anti-virus software and firewall temporarily and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the constant random crashing update. Curious why haven't you guys implemented a recovery system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple commisions due and these constant random crashes are getting me super behind. I can't even downgrade bc it messes with my projects. windows 10 and not at startup. I couldn't tell you what is causing it because it is never consistent by about 3-5 times an hour. If this is going to be the norm then you guys need to implement a recovery system or better test before you put it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you noticed whether or not the crashes happen when autosave kicks in? That's what's happening to me and it's occurring 3-4 times an hour but I can't figure out how to stop it. I don't even have autosave turned on but I see it kick in with the "Saving..." window immediately before each crash. Turned it off and reset preferences numerous times and yet it persists. I'm about to miss a client deadline myself due to this so I feel your pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have auto save turned on 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regular crashes for me too. 3-4 an hour like you. Tucker, I changed my autosaves to every 5 mins after this kept happening but the crashes still happened every 15-20 mins or so. That would indicate that its not necessarily something to do with the auto save, and maybe more coincidence if you're using the default settings. Mike not using autosave (you mad man by the way) would lend further evidence to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the current time indicator is flashing and freaking out, the align window won't pop up "error parsing properties list from memory"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had problems daily after the update. Latest problem is crashing after saving... about 5 crashes a day.

Working on basic/simple 3D Camera animation. Had to downgrade!!! Hope it works... huh

MacBook Pro 15 (2019)

2,3 GHz 8-Core i9

16 GB memory

Radeon Pro Vega 16 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried After Effects 17.5, ProjektiPäällä?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much like the others in the thread, I'm also experiencing frequent crashes. Seemingly every 15- 20mins whilst working. AE will sometimes sit in the background without crashing but soon after starting work again it will revert back to its frequent crashes. I am sending crash reports back every time this happens.

Windows 10 10.0.18363 (build 18363) 
Intel i9 9900K
Asus Strix Z390-E
32Gb DDR4
GTX 1070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to After Effects 17.5 yet, MACMC?

Feel free to share the crash logs here so that we can investigate what's going on exactly.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines