• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 18.2 is now available!

May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends,

After Effects 18.2 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This release of After Effects includes support for DirectX12 on Windows. DirectX12 now replaces OpenGL as the default display rendering technology for After Effects and Premiere Pro on Windows, providing a more modern codebase with improved stability and performance. In addition to that, many bugs have been fixed as well. 

What's fixed?

• Fixed an issue that caused using the custom keyboard shortcuts from After Effects 18.0 in After Effects 18.1 to break the “V” hotkey for the Selection tool.
  • Fixed an issue with Real-Time 3D Draft Preview that caused compositions to render incorrectly when multiple compositions were opened in individual viewers with Draft 3D enabled.
  • Fixed an issue that caused panning using the Spacebar shortcut to not work in the Render Queue.
  • Fixed an issue with Real-Time 3D Draft Preview that caused the state to not be preserved when opening a saved project.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects 2021 to create and utilize the “After Effects 2020” folder for User Presets, User Libraries, and User Videos.

To check out bug fixes for earlier versions, visit the Fixed Issues page.

How to update After Effects to version 18.2?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top-left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE 18.2.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the wors update ever  now AF is ussless. Clean installation (adobe cc, gaphic drivers) doesn't help even old versions don't work...  I am devastated because adobe support does not exist... Seems like I am not only one with this problem. https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-18-2-freezes-at-start-up/td-p/12031414

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really sorry to hear about this, Dziurdzia.D.

Can you provide the following info? FAQ: What information should I provide when asking... - Adobe Support Community

The more details you can provide, the better.

I am devastated because adobe support does not exist... 

Did you try contacting 1:1 support? If you have a case number, I can check the details.

Looking forward to helping you with this.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as here https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-18-2-freezes-at-start-up/td-p/12031414 

and here https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-2020-v18-and-v17-7-does-not-want-to-start...

I would lowe to be more specific but Adobe is not sharing Logrecords with anyone this seems to be big secret, I spend 40 minutes on phone with technical service without connection with anyone just waiting for the technician. Adobe seems like worst software company with monthly subscription... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen both the discussions that you have linked and responded to them.

Adobe doesn't share log records with anyone. I think a better way to get connected is to start a 1:1 chat with an agent. Go to this link and click the message bubble at the bottom-right corner of the page to get started. Make sure you're signed in with your Adobe account.

If you can DM me the number you dialed for phone support, I'll be able to verify if you dialed the correct one.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rameez_Khan  Thanks a lot for your help, seems like I don't have this option in my region UE Poland - no bubble at all I was looking for the chat without luck on many pages 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines