• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC (November 2016) Bug-Fix Update Is Now Available

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CC (November 2017) Bug-Fix Update Is Now Available | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

The 14.0.1 bug-fix update for Adobe After Effects CC (November 2016) is now available. This update fixes multiple bugs, including fixes for After Effects hanging or crashing during previews.

You can install the update through the Creative Cloud desktop application, or you can check for new updates from within any Creative Cloud application by choosing Help > Updates. Please note that it can take 24 hours or more for all of our global data centers to receive the update. If the update isn’t available for you right now, please check back later.

For details of what was added, changed, and fixed in the 2017 release (version 14.0) of After Effects CC, see this page. For details of all of the other updates for Creative Cloud professional video and audio applications, see this page.

The 14.0.1 bug-fix update for After Effects addresses these bugs:

• Real-time playback of previews on macOS 10.11 and 10.12 is no longer affected by redrawing the Timeline panel. (Workarounds, such as docking a different panel below the Timeline panel or previewing in Full Screen, are no longer necessary.) Also, After Effects no longer draws a white line at the bottom of the application window.
  • Stopping a preview or face tracking on macOS no longer sometimes causes After Effects to hang.
  • Color profiles assigned to video footage no longer are no longer reset to Rec.709 when the project is saved.
  • Help menu commands which open help pages on Adobe.com now work if After Effects CC 2015.3 is not installed.
  • After Effects no longer crashes in some cases when using an external multichannel audio device for preview (Preferences > Audio Hardware).
  • After Effects no longer crashes when quit after importing video footage files on Mac hardware with an integrated Intel GPU.
  • After Effects no longer crashes when importing or replacing certain PDF files.
  • After Effects no longer crashes in some circumstances when both a pre-comp (without Collapse Transformations enabled) and its parent comp use the CINEMA 4D renderer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed bug fix yesterday and thought "Finally, it's good now". Working now, same problem, no realtime playback (old issue on CC 2015 and CC 2017)

Mac OS Sierra, Mac Pro, 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 64 GB Ram

It's becaming really frustrating, we're trying to do some work here and all we want is stable and realtimeplayback working piece of software, are we asking too much?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems. A significant bug with real-time playback was fixed in the 14.0.1 update, so it's probable that you are encountering other problems.

Is color management enabled in your project? If so, please provide details.

Is Mercury Transmit enabled in Preferences > Video Preview? If so, please provide details.

Is Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels enabled in Preferences > Display?

What is the resolution of your monitor? Is it an Apple Retina display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO , I have problem with not RealTime (FPS) How fix this ? Thank You !

My PC Specs :

CPU : Intel Core i7 5820K

GPU : MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti

RAM : Corsair Vengeance LED 3000 MHZ 32GB DDR4

Motherboard : MSI X99A Gaming 9 ACK

SSD : Corsair 480G LE

Thank You ! not realtime.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tim Kurkoski

Sorry I don't want to highjack this thread but because I have a very similar playback stutter issue in AE CC21017 v.14.0.1.5 I would like to provide some maybe useful Information. And because of your questions to an other user I was able to track down my issue.

With the following settings from below Ram Preview Playback is ok, in realtime and in sync with the frame rate settings for playback.

Project Settings Color Depth 8bpc or 32bpc

color management = Off

Mercury Transmit enabled in Preferences = Off

Hardware Acceleration Composition,Layer, and Footage Panels = On

But when working in 16bpc Color Depth with the same Settings from above Ram Preview Playback is stuttering like hell although After Effects says Realtime Playback is 25fps I only get a maximum playback rate of 2-5 fps. Sometime it doesn't play at all! Also the composition viewport is very slow and is lagging. It's not workable at all.

But when "Hardware Acceleration Composition,Layer, and Footage Panels" is turned OFF all seems to work fine in 16bpc Project Color Depth and Ram Playback is in realtime!

Why is it working in 8bpc and 32bpc but not in 16bpc when "Hardware Acceleration Composition,Layer, and Footage Panels" = ON? wierd!

I don't know but could this be a bug?

Best Felix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Felix, those are some very interesting results. Very possibly a bug.

Can you do me a favor and file a bug report for this, at the address below? I'll take that and follow up with our developers. Thanks.

https://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tim,

Bug report is filed

Thanks for taking care of it

Felix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

How can I install that bug-fix ? I don't know why but it isn't available form me ? In CC app I have info that all my apps are updated ?

But my After Effect still have a problem when I try to go preference >>> Audio Hardware ...

af_issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your version. is it 14.0.1? if it's not you should try to update and read these instructions and see if that helps:

Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei it was helpful, thanks !

I choose a 5th solution - unistalled after effect but before I did this I checked my version and it was 14.0.1.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

that bug came back ... Now I have AE 14.0.1.5 and few days ago uninstalled and install AE again to repair that stuff.

Audio Hardware >>>

af_issue.png

When it will be fixed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piotr1986,

There is a known bug in After Effects CC 2017 where, if you unplug or change the audio device that After Effects was using, After Effects will crash the next time you try to open the preferences. What's happening is that it is trying to initialize that device but can't. The workaround is to reset the preferences, or at least trash the Adobe After Effects 14.0 Prefs-indep-general.txt file, which stores the audio device references. The problem will recur if you choose the same audio device again.

We intend to fix this in the next update to After Effects. Sorry, but I can't give you a date for that right now. Our apologies for the disruption from the bug.

What audio device, specifically, are you using with your computer? Manufacturer and model number, please. How does it connect to your computer? What driver version? What version of Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

Thank you for explanation so I need to wait until the fix update will be ready....

And it's true the AF crashes when I try to change my audio devices. I'm working on mobile work station HP Z book G17 (i7-6700HQ, AMD FirePro W6150M, 16GB 2133 DDR4 ram, 1,5 T SSD, win 7 enterprise 64-bit 6.1, built 7601, sp1) so when I'm in the office I have connected Bluetooth  Samsung headsets (HS6000) -windows drivers,  but lats weekend I work form home and I connected just normal apple earphone.

I hope it will be helpful for you and If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

just to say the same occure here.

By updating cg card, the audio hardware mapping changed.

So ae start by put an error

d12e73b435.png

i closed the audio panel and resolve this message in the first way.

next i wanted to changed prefs, but ae crash.

then i reset my prefs (so i lost my workspace) then it worked (but some prefs has been deletd like "missing footage" defaut choice in search panels (i had to restore it in prefs file).

then today, my audio card unplugged then pugged again (it happen sometimes as my sound is played on my screen speakers, as i listen to the sound with headphones, when it goes to screensaver). So i have to redo the same again.

hope you will fix this issue soon.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anticipating this update.

I occasionally bring my USB gaming headset to my office from home when working on audio. When finished, I closed AE and took my headset home. Now that it isn't plugged into this computer audio doesn't work in AE and I cannot change the setting.

I LIKE having the ability to choose my audio output inside the program. But with the Win 10 Anniv. update changing audio outputs is easy a pie. Perhaps while the devs are fixing this bug, they can also add this feature:

Enumerate the audio hardware (as AE currently does) and let us choose from the list, but include the generic Windows Sound Mapper (which AE currently does not do). An example of this in practice is Audacity.

Thanks for listening (reading).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting the audio playback error where the audio doesn't play until about 1 second into the preview.

It's very annoying as I have to disable the 'Mute Audio When Preview Is Not Real-time' which means I have to listen to the audio in slow motion every time I cache the timeline.

Is there a way around this issue anyone knows of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting the audio playback error where the audio doesn't play until about 1 second into the preview.

It's very annoying as I have to disable the 'Mute Audio When Preview Is Not Real-time' which means I have to listen to the audio in slow motion every time I cache the timeline.

Is there a way around this issue anyone knows of?

You can also work around this problem by disabling the Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels option in Preferences > Display, or by disabling the Cache Before Playback option in the Preview panel.

If you are using color management in After Effects, disabling the Hardware Accelerate option may have a negative impact on playback performance, so I recommend trying the other possible workarounds first.

More detail about this bug, from this page:

• Previews no longer experience a 2-second delay before playback is real-time, after the preview completes caching and playback loops from the beginning. However, there remains a bug that if the Mute Audio When Preview Is Not Real-time and Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels preferences are both enabled, there will be a 2-second delay before audio starts playing. (To work around this, we recommend that you either disable the Hardware Accelerate preference, or both disable the Mute Audio When Preview Is Not Real-time preference and enable the Cache Before Playback option in the Preview panel. We are continuing to investigate this bug for a future update.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tim Kurkoski

when will we expect for an update for this bug ?

i can't wait anymore to listen the sound in after effects or i have to reset very often ma prefs, as soon as my prefs crashes after....

very very unconvienient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kanadiou wrote:

when will we expect for an update for this bug ?

We intend to fix this bug in the next update for After Effects, which we are planning for early next year. (Sorry, I can't be more specific about the release date.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

any news ?

can't wait for this bug fix, a real waste of time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug where After Effects crashes when opening the preferences after an audio device has changed will be fixed in the next update for After Effects.

I can't share the release date of the update yet. "Soon" is the best I can offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Soon is better than nothing, hope not soon too late !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey any update on this bug, i didn't have this bug till yesterday, making it really hard to work. please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines