• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crash while using Roto Brush on M1

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyyyy alwas when i want to use the tool AE crashes... why? can anybody help?

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Rotobrus Version 2.0 causes all current versions of After Effects to crash when using Big Sur. The workaround is to click once with a small Rotobrush, then press Caps Lock to stop rendering, and change the Version from 2.0 to 1.0 in the Effects Control Panel. You can then release the Caps Lock and continue with Rotobrush Version 1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info on your system, your project, your RB settings and so on nobody can tell you anything. You have to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS BigSur, M1 chip... eigentlich müsste es doch flüssig auf dem system laufen oder nicht. vielleicht habe ich nicht genügend speicher auf der festüplatte, so dass das system abstürtzt.

es stürzt immer dann ab wenn ich das objekt rotoskopiert habe und dann einen frame weiter machen will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ich ziehe die mov datei so auf die comp, das beide die gleiche framerate haben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich mach's mal kurz, auch wenn's dir nicht hilft: M1-Kacke. Scheint ein Bug zu sein. Eventuell hilft es, die Clips vorab in Bildsequenzen umzuwandeln, dann fällt zumindest das hardwarebeschleunigte Dekodieren der Clips als Fehlerquelle weg. Ansonsten wohl so ein Fall, nochmal den alten intel-Mac zu entstauben oder eine ältere Version (2019) zu installieren, bei der wenigstens die Rosetta 2 Emulation sauberer läuft.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wie kann ich denn ein clip in bildsequenzen umwandeln?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a Beta m1 native after effects version awaible - of course there will be some hickups in other places, but maybe it works. Go to CC Cloud Desktop App - under After Effects on the right side should be tree dots - there is somewhere the silicon beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importieren, Komposition erstellen, zur Render Queue hinzufügen, rendern, reimportieren. Auch nicht anders wie bei jedem anderen Clip. Und natürlich gibt's sicher auch irgendein simples kostenloses Tool, das das direkt kann.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotobrus Version 2.0 causes all current versions of After Effects to crash when using Big Sur. The workaround is to click once with a small Rotobrush, then press Caps Lock to stop rendering, and change the Version from 2.0 to 1.0 in the Effects Control Panel. You can then release the Caps Lock and continue with Rotobrush Version 1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG yesssss thank u soooo much !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also nearly every mov file that i am importing in after effects is not really running.. like it always shows pixels. u maybe have a solution for this as well? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick for your solution, roto brush 2 works more effficient than the version 1 , i am eager to see if mac os Monterey has fixed this have you tried roto brush 2 with monterey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not moving to Monterey until there is more information available. If I do move I'll make sure that I have a bootable mirror of my boot drive (system drive) so that if anything fails I can get back to work in 10 minutes instead of 10 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines