Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad Tracked Memory ID 23::33

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I just upgraded to the 2022 versions of all the Adobe suite. I can't import a photoshop file into After Effect, I get the following error message : 

Capture d’écran 2022-01-11 à 12.17.00.png

And then everything crashes, and an automatic save of the project is made, with the psd file but without the file's layers.

Does anyone know anything about this? Can you guys help me? Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

I did a reset on my preferences and it worked

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Control-Shift-Alt (Windows) or Command-Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the keys when the splash screen appears.

hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info about your PSD file and other stuff such as your computer we can't really tell you much. Of course your error may in itself contain a clue as to what needs to be fixed: Open the file in PS and check for unsupported features liek complex groups, highly customized layer styles, smart objects of for argument#s sake simply stuff liek document color modes, bit depth and color profiles.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm getting the same notification but in my case is happening when I try to create a new composition for a new project. Nothing else is going on I mean, no other elements or odd conditions, comp is set to 1080x1350 24.9 fps. I'm running the latest version of AE on CI9 11900k, Radeon Pro w6800, 64gb Ram, and dedicated ssds for cache. I already uninstalled and re-installed first only AE then Creative Cloud and then the win11, but I am still getting the 23:33 error . Any Idea will be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to After Effects and I got the exactly same problem - also if I just try to import a photoshop-file with only a background layer and a text layer. I'm using a Macbook Air 2020 M1 with 16 gb ram.
Please let me know if you find a solution. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem, The issue occurs when I try to import a psd file as layers, it does not occur when I choose footage. After Effects was able to import psd files fine and then suddenly stopped working.

What specific information is needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue after upgrading to the 2022 version. Commenting so I can keep up with this thread in case anyone finds a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I just started getting the same error message here – it started today.

The PSD is super simple, only three layers and no layer styles or smart objects etc. 3000x3000 pixels large, but overall not super heavy. And for the same project I have been working with another PSD file of that same size with a lot more layers. So I feel like it cannot really be a problem of the PSD file. 

I recently updated AE and PS to the newest versions and can only import PSD files as footage, so I could work around the issue for this specific job. But for the future this is quite problematic. I am in the middle of a job, so I am not willing to re-install an older version of either AE or PS for trouble shooting – has anyone tried that by any chance?

Here's my set up:

2020 Retina 5K 27-inch iMac

currently running on BIG SUR

3.3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

32 GB 2267 MHz DDR4

Any kind of info would be appreciated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me to uninstall AE and install it again - same version 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I just tried that for both AE and PS – no success unfortunately.
Still getting the same error when I try to import my layered PSD as "Composition - Retain Layer Sizes".

Has anybody else tried a different approach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem on my M1 mac mini. Any workaround pls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might not help you at all, because other than un- and reinstalling AE and PS (which did nothing) all I did was wait. 

And I did update my OS to BIG SUR 11.6.4, but that initially didn't fix the problem.

But as of today it is suddenly working again. So maybe somehow it was fixed within the Adobe Cloud?
Does it work for anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... Another day and all of a sudden the problem is back. I have no clue why it worked again yesterday, but today the error message is back.

So let's definitely keep this thread alive!

What do you need to do to bring this to the attention of the Adobe Staff and potentially have this taken care of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to AE 2022 and now I'm getting this error error message then the app crashes.  I'm running MacOS 10.15.7

Its a pretty simple layered photoshop file that won't import.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really Adobe?! A problem from Jan 2022 and still today no resolve? 

I encountered this problem today and I'm annoyed as hell.

What are you waiting to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue. Try to open or import a PSD file in After Effects and it crashes. Come on Adobe, fix this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that this will actually help you, but it could give you some hope:

The issue has not occured for me anymore. I don't know what changed, other than me constantly updating both PS and AE to the newest build. And for a few weeks now the error message has not come back again.

I'm on a 2020 iMac and operating with BIG SUR 11.6.4 

AE 2022 version 22.2.1 (Build 3) 

PS 2022 version 23.2.2 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue.  Super frustrating, this is basic, everyday stuff that we've come to depend on.  Purging cache does not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here as of today, reinstalling didn't help. any idea what's up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for your issue.

Does it happen with all the PSD files that you try to import or a particular one? What's in the PSD file? Could you share a sample PSD that repeats the issue? Feel free to DM me the download link.

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this error appears even with the simplest PSD.
It can be just a photo with a lettering and the After just closes.
It always worked, but today it started to present this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two different photoshop files into various AE projects. Basically my ae on
one of my computers won’t let me import them. I can import the files on my
other computer. But no longer on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One More Error. 
After Effects error: Cinema 4D: Render  Failed ( 5070 :: 0)
Please, help me!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to import a PNG file, and cancel that, so import your PSD file again and will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No F'n way. That worked. I spent like an hour trying to get this to work yesterday and I had this page open but didn't get to the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No f^@%g way! This works! I imported a PNG file, deleted it, and then imported the PSD and it worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot gabriel45199551

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines