Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad Tracked Memory ID 23::33

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I just upgraded to the 2022 versions of all the Adobe suite. I can't import a photoshop file into After Effect, I get the following error message : 

Capture d’écran 2022-01-11 à 12.17.00.png

And then everything crashes, and an automatic save of the project is made, with the psd file but without the file's layers.

Does anyone know anything about this? Can you guys help me? Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

I did a reset on my preferences and it worked

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Control-Shift-Alt (Windows) or Command-Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the keys when the splash screen appears.

hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PNG workaround, Not working for me. 
This is really annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa - been having same exact problem. Weirdly, the initial PNG import,  then PSD import as composition worked. very strange, but thanks for the tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a reset on my preferences and it worked

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Control-Shift-Alt (Windows) or Command-Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the keys when the splash screen appears.

hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well! Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKSS, WORKED FOR ME 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Had the same issue but couldn't find a solution.

In the end, as a temporary fix, I installed the v18 (AE 2021) as a separate version. Opened a new project file, imported the psd i needed, then opened the same project in AE2022 and it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'import a PNG, delete it and then import your PSD' trick worked for me too

Genius.

Adobe, can we have a fix please - this has been months (and several versions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Sept. 8th still having this issue. I have to ask a colleague to do it for me and then send me the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Control-Shift-Alt (Windows) or Command-Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the keys when the splash screen appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create one empty Composition and import. it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your advice. It's very useful to me, genius!~~~

Create one empty Composition and import. it works for me.

By @Ravi_SRK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue this morning. Bad Tracked Memory ID (23:23) After purging, and restarting my computer, nothing changed. Until I did a test import with a layered PSD file, and that worked. So, I went to the PSD file giving me issues, and found the art director had some Smart Objects in the layers. Opened them to find the issue. The 2 smart object layers were set to an artboard of 19,000 px X 26,000 px! I was shocked to see that. I quickly resized them to 1080x1920 (the comp I'm working in), and BOOM! The PSD opened right up in AE. Not sure if you have smart objects in your layers, but go through and find the issue Or, do a test like I did to see if it's just the PSD file you're working with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I had this issue, it was a PSD I made, and everything was a reasonable size with no smart objects. Glad that worked for you though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines