Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bake data values into a composition

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a text CSV file and each entry populates the sourceText of one text layer in my comp. I've used the expression:

footage("SourceWords.txt").dataValue([0,index])

to ingest each word from my list into a corresponding text layer.

Is there a way I can now fix or 'bake in' these text values into my layers' SourceTexts, so that they're no longer dependent on the external CSV file?

Alternatively - is there a better way I could populate my text layers without using dataValue()?

Thanks in advance,

Nick
TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could select the source text property and then choose in the Ae menu

Animation->Keyframe Assistant->Convert Expression into Keyframes

It is not ideal, since this will give you a keyframe on each frame, but it should work. With a second click, you can also click on the keyframe stopwatch to delete all keyframes (since all will have the identical text).

You would need to do this for each text layer individually, however.

The tool Easy Bake can convert all expressions of your project into keyframes at once and also minimize the keyframes. Not 100% sure if it supports texts, but it might be worth to try it

https://aescripts.com/easy-bake/

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you look for alternative workflows to replace texts using spreadsheets, a very easy solution is the tool Text2Spreadsheet (which I developped myself)

https://aescripts.com/text2spreadsheet/

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually I already have Text2Spreadsheet and it has saved me days of work before! Thanks very much for the quick response and the quick workflow tools 🙂

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines