• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Better settings to export from Ae if you wish to bring it back on Premiere ?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for asking question as a newbie. I wish to export the stuff from after effects and at last export it to Premiere for whole vlog editing, sound design and color grading. I know the best way is dynamic link, but I'm not able to use it since the Adobe Plan I've suscibe doesn't support.  So I want to know which format and codec is better during the process for high quality result and best for continue editing in Premiere Pro.

My AE and Pr are both 2023. Thanks a lot~

TOPICS
FAQ , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

You don't have to shoot ProRes if you wish to export in ProRes. Capturing ProRes will result in very high quality, easy to edit footage that takes up a huge amount of space. Exporting in ProRes will preserve the quality of your After Effects comp without visible compression as you move to Premiere.

If you're using the latest version of Premiere, you don't need to use any conversion LUTs for ProRes Log. Premiere will automatically detect and properly interpret your footage. Here's a blog post f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never apologize for asking a question, especially if you're just learning. But if you have both AE and PR, then Dynamic Link is supported. There's no such plan that doesn't support it. An intermediate codec such as ProRes 422 is a great format to export while retaining quality. Try regular 422 or 422 LT, which is a lower quality/file size (but still very high quality) variant. If you need to retain transparency then you have to use ProRes 4444. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are so kind😊. Thanks a lot. Btw, do you know should I shoot in ProRes with my iPhone 15 pro max in Blackmagic Cam if I wish to export as ProRes 422?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and if I actually able to use the dynamic link, is the workflow I'll list at the bottom correct ?

Import Apple Log footage into Pr -> put in the Log conversion luts -> use dynamic link and edit effects in Ae -> turn back to Pr and edit the whole vlog and do the color grading stuff.

Much appreciate ☺️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to shoot ProRes if you wish to export in ProRes. Capturing ProRes will result in very high quality, easy to edit footage that takes up a huge amount of space. Exporting in ProRes will preserve the quality of your After Effects comp without visible compression as you move to Premiere.

If you're using the latest version of Premiere, you don't need to use any conversion LUTs for ProRes Log. Premiere will automatically detect and properly interpret your footage. Here's a blog post from when the feature was still in beta, but it was released in 24.4: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/now-in-beta-automatic-iphone-prores-log...

But yes, that is one perfectly good workflow for using Dynamic Link with After Effects. I would recommend duplicating any clips you want to send to AE to the track above, then sending the top copy to AE since you actually replace your clip with an AE composition. You can revert it if you need to, but having a copy of the original clip below is usually very handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciate 🥹😊 But my Premiere is only on 2023 version, probably I'm not able to use the new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help. You can upgrade to 2024 in the Creative Cloud Desktop app and choose the option not to uninstall previous versions if you still want to have 2023 installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines