• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug? AE 17.5 stops responding after imported PSD file has been converted to editable text

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects has been consistently giving me this issue and I can't seem to find another recent post with a similar issue. I'm a new AE user in Windows, and this is happening to me in a new project that I am starting on. After right clicking on a PSD layer in my composition and converting it to text, 2 things will happen:

1. After Effects will take about 3-5 minutes to convert the PSD files text - of which only contains one word per file: 

Text_1.PNG

2. After it converts, if I try to do anything with the newly converted text AE will stop responding - this includes changing the position of the text and even just hiding or revealing the layer (as circled in red) will cause this to happen:

Text_2.PNG

If I wait it out, AE will become responsive again - but if I try and do anything with the converted text files again the whole unreponsiveness thing happens again.

If I save the file, close then reopen it, I can't even open the file. It hangs AE.

I have tried both restarting my computer as well as trashing my preferences but it has not helped unfortunately. The font that I am trying to convert is called "LiebeGerda" and it is from the CC Font Library.

Would appreciate any advice on this matter. Not sure if it is something silly that I've done wrong.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to recreate my font layout directly inside AE, and using the font tool worked perfectly fine with other fonts until I selected the "LiebeGerda" font and AE hung again. It could be a bug related specifically to using this font in AE... because it works perfectly fine in Photoshop 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this. When I use the LiebeGerda font in After Effects 17.5, the bold and italic variations are slow to render and cause the UI of After Effects to slow down momentarily. Something is definitely weird here, and seems specific to this font, so I've filed a bug for the team to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhhh I see! No worries then, thank you so much for helping to file a bug report! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines