• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use after effects in Dell Inspiron 5410 8GB Ram

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i use after effects in this laptop del aspiron 5410I with following configuration 

Intel Core i3, 11th Gen, Quad Core, 8 MB Cache, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB SSD

TOPICS
FAQ , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

After Effects system requirements call for at least 16 GB of ram and 15 GB of free drive space.

You might get away with working on HD comps at 1/2 Comp Panel resolution, but don't expect quick renders and a responsive UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Well...it depends what you will be working with, what type of footage, heavy fx and lots of layers or not, but in general that system is probably pretty underpowered.

Laptops are often times significantly more underpowered than a desktop PC. Especially lower/middle end ones like this. 16 GB is the bare minimum. 32 is ideal. Some say even that's too little. I run 32 and I find it okay though.

The CPU is all things considered, not the worst. It's an i3, so it's not ideal, but it being an 11th gen i

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Googling "After Effects minimum system requirements"   I don't remember them off the top of my head and you could Google it as easy as i could so...

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects system requirements call for at least 16 GB of ram and 15 GB of free drive space.

You might get away with working on HD comps at 1/2 Comp Panel resolution, but don't expect quick renders and a responsive UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well...it depends what you will be working with, what type of footage, heavy fx and lots of layers or not, but in general that system is probably pretty underpowered.

Laptops are often times significantly more underpowered than a desktop PC. Especially lower/middle end ones like this. 16 GB is the bare minimum. 32 is ideal. Some say even that's too little. I run 32 and I find it okay though.

The CPU is all things considered, not the worst. It's an i3, so it's not ideal, but it being an 11th gen it makes up for it a little bit. Quad core is slightly an issue. Ideally you want 6 or more.

AE doesn't care about GPU, and it depends how complex your projects are for your SSD.

A little more info on what resolution/framerate you are expecting to be working with and if you'll be doing complex animation/vfx or not would be nice.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines