Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can't export through media encoder - After Effects 17.0.6, Media Encoder 14.1

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Today I just found out that all of my AE files can't be exported through AME. New projects exported just fine. But any AE projects created before today won't show in AME after I added them to the queue and trying to open them directly in AME will result in "The project could not be opened" message. If I add them to the AE render queue then press "queue in AME" it does show up in AME but the render will fail immediately due to "Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted." I tried many methods provided in the forum previously but none of them work. So please let me know if there's a way to fix this. Thanks!

NOTE: Title edited by Rameez to include version numbers

TOPICS
Dynamic link, Error or problem, FAQ, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020
Hi all, This bug has been fixed in After Effects 17.1. Please update to 17.1 and let me know if you're still running into this issue. Thanks, Rameez

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any specific info, so honestly we can't know. It's not even clear what you actualyl tried. Cleared the cache? checked your hardware acceleration? Sorry, but you've written a lot of vague stuff that just isn't helpful. You need to be much more specific and provide actual info on the settings, versions of the programs, project contents and also what system you are even on.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chihtangc,

We need to know the exact version of After Effects and Media Encoder that you're using: https://adobe.ly/2Tri88U

Which OS are you on? Can you provide dynamic link logs from your computer? https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-what-should-i-do-when-after-effects-compositions-do...

Let me know.

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening to me too!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. It's started from the last update Adobe products. Before update all was working perfectly

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Everything goes well with the previous version, I'm now waiting the fixing update. 

I tried to save my file as new aep by collecting files but it didn't work.

MacOS10.15.4

AE ver.17.0.6

ME ver.14.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Unable to export from AE to ME and unable to open project directly in ME. So frustrating. Cleared cache. Re-installed both AE and ME. Followed instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/after-effects-composition-export-error.html

Windows 10 Pro - Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Media Encoder v14.1 (Build 155)

AE v17.0.6 (Build 35)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I need the following information from all of you so that it helps us understand the issue better:

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

I reinstalled the previous version and it's working, so I need to work on my own work right now. If I have time I may try to reinstall the latest versions, but I might just wait until there's a fix. Too much wasted and UNBILLABLE time trying to sort out software issues.

-Carl

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to be a plugin problem. Make a new composition and export to ME no effects is cues up. If I add any effect it fails.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Night_Ripper,

That's correct. This problem seems to be related to third-party plugins. For now, you can either remove third-party plugins if you don't need them or reinstall After Effects 17.0.5.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

If I create a new project, with one layer, and apply Linear Color Key (Adobe 1st Party effect), the project will fail to export to Media Encoder. Never shows up. If I remove Linear Color Key, it will load properly in Media Encoder.

If I try to manually load the AE file/comp in Media Encoder through its file browser, it just shows a nonspecific error message at the bottom of the window that says it can't open the project.

So it seems to not just be third-party plugins causing the problem...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! My bad - I overlooked the name of the effect.

I'll pass on this info to the team and let you know if there are any updates.

-Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your dynamic link log, vinegarshots?

-Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

We're investigating this problem. So far, it seems to be related to third-party plugins. As Night_Ripper mentioned, if you remove third-party effects from your project, it will work. I understand that's not ideal and I'd suggest that you stay on After Effects 17.0.5 for now.

Best,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The After Effects team is investigating this issue. It seems to be related to certain effect plugins - native as well as third-party.

Here are some of the effects that are affected:

Deep Glow - Plugin Everything

Sure Target - Video Copilot

ReelSmart Motion Blur - RE:Vision Effects

Optical Flares - Video Copilot

Trapcode Form - Red Giant

Linear Color Key - After Effects

Workaround:

• Remove third-party plugins
  • Reinstall the previous version of After Effects.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We understand that this isn’t an ideal situation for you and the After Effects team has been working hard to fix it. The good news is that they are testing a fix in the latest beta build of After Effects. If you’re interested to give it a shot, you can download the beta version from your Creative Cloud desktop application. Choose the Beta apps category on the left side in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Beta apps are a separate install and don't interfere with other Adobe apps.

More info on public beta:
Blog: https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-public-beta/
FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Let us know if the beta version fixes this for you.

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Scribble effect (native) is also affected.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know, Bezedor.

Several users have confirmed that the beta build of the upcoming After Effects version works. You can try that too if you're interested.

Best,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How i. can use beta to fix this problem 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same issues with the latest build of AE ver 17.0.6 and AME ver 14.1. I have several main comps to export and all failed to send to AME and when loaded directly failed immediately with same error ( porject could not be opened).

I did find a workaround, if you can call it that. I reduced my project for each main comp and saved as separate AE files and then imported them all into a new project. Can now send to AME and export without any problems. Not an ideal solution as I now have a lot of duplicate source media.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you all for your replies. Sorry for not including the software version and other information at first. Like you guys already figured, I was using AE 17.0.6 when this issue appeared and reinstall 17.0.5 (or maybe older version) works perfectly for me. For the plugins, I have some of them installed but I am pretty sure some of my projects which didn't use them are affected as well so maybe there're more plugins that cause trouble. 

Here's a Creative Cloud link to my log files when I tried to export one of the projects that don't use the plugins in the list through AME under 17.0.6. I hope they provide some helpful info.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/2f49cfcf-2d06-4597-5aee-ba1007476de1

I also tried the 17.1 beta and it also works. Haven't encountered any exporting issues. Big thanks to Rameez and the AE team!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chihtangc,

Thanks for providing the logs and giving the beta build a shot. I'm glad that it's working for you. I deeply care about our users and advocate on their behalf. My goal is to help the community and communicate actively. This is the reason that I posted an announcement about this bug so that other users looking for this info don't have to dig for it. It should be right there on the top of the page.

Really appreciate you guys for sticking with us.

Best,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job troubleshooting that, JayDoubleU, and finding the workaround.

I'd encourage that you install the beta build of the upcoming After Effects version and work with that.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rameez,

Have rolled back to version 17.0.5 which seems stable so will wait for the next official release.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines