• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the color of specific words in Arabic text paragraph?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on a project, in which I have to highlight some keywords in text paragraphs.

When I select a word and change the fill color in the character panel, it doesn't affect the selected area of the text, it seems to be affecting random areas of the text, sometimes it doesn't at all.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

I am not sure but the issue seems to be with the Arabic text, here's a preview as well as my current app settings.

Capture6.png Capture5.png

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018
As I told you above, I tried reversing x scale trick within the same file you shared and sadly it did not work

in the files you uploaded, you are using the MENA type engine. you have to use the Latin if you want this to work. if you copy paste the text from a MENA type engine text layer to a Latin type engine text layer it will retain the engine. you have to copy from an unformatted source (like from your browser or something). copy the text to some source that will remove the formatting (like yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RTL Text in Recent release (CC 2018) is buggy. in CC 2017 it works fine.

I now see there is also a selection/hightlight problem with multi lined arabic text. in hebrew it's only if you add numbers, english, or change weight/font in the same text layer.

please add your vote here and specify your case in the comments:

RTL support (right to left languages) is not completed, Hebrew (and possibly other MENA) issues – Ad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply Roei Tzoref​,

I am looking for a working solution with the current AE build due to the tight project deadline.@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the solution would be to work "the old way" as in before CC2017 there was not RTL support at all. what we did was (make sure you set your type to Latin in the preferences first because you are using CC 2017+ version) inverse the x scale of the text layer transform, and add a scale animator and invert it's x scale as well. this works fine, unless you add numbers or english which will be reversed.

I see you voted for that feature so let me spoil you with a project file:

Arabic.aep - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue is occurring in the CC 2017.2 Release ( version 14.2.1.34 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue is occurring in the CC 2017.2 Release ( version 14.2.1.34 )

*Edit: checking this again, and you are correct for the specific case of changing the color, it seems you can only change it once, and second attempt fails. also it's tricky to do that in either case and unpredictable. so changing the color of specific words or letters is buggy with the MENA type engine. workaround is to use the old method shown in the previous post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to be working!

Here's a WeTransfer link to the cc2018 & cc2017 files, if you'd be kind enough to check and try changing the fill color of the words in bold and let me know please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to be working!

Here's a WeTransfer link to the cc2018 & cc2017 files, if you'd be kind enough to check and try changing the fill color of the words in bold and let me know please.

I have checked the files, you are making text with the new type engine and I edited my response checking 2017 and there is a problem in coloring the RTL text. workaround is to use the hack with reversing x scale as I explained before and supplied the project file. you will see you can select it fine.

BTW I have updated my uservoice bug report so it will include this bug you discovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told you above, I tried reversing x scale trick within the same file you shared and sadly it did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in the files you uploaded, you are using the MENA type engine. you have to use the Latin if you want this to work. if you copy paste the text from a MENA type engine text layer to a Latin type engine text layer it will retain the engine. you have to copy from an unformatted source (like from your browser or something). copy the text to some source that will remove the formatting (like you web browser address field). so this does work but only partially because I see now I do have problem with the Ligatures and looking online I see you need this script too:

ArabicText - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

trying it I see you do not need the reverse x scale method but to just use this script and it will fix this. so your workaround is this script and use Latin text engine (create a new layer and make sure from the preferences you are using the Latin Engine).

here's the project file made with the script:

Arabic_v2.aep - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines