• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

composition duplicate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i duplicate a composition and change its properties without effecting the first one properties?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows Project Panel click on the composition you wish to duplicate and hit <Ctrl D>,  Rename the composition.

It is completely autonomous from the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but this is not working... if you understand

what i meant

the problem is when i set up a composition (adding effects, text, images...) and i duplicate it...  the changes that i make in the last composition effects all the copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate the compositing in the project panel, NOT the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A copy of your composition is completely independent. If your comp contains precomps, make sure that you duplicate the precomps, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well... i am working now on after effect and i have

traid all that but unfortunately none of them works.

I will do it the hard way... thanks folks

by the way you can open the after effect application and try that.. then see what u will get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT!  You're not telling me that you're trying to do this OUTSIDE After Effects are you?  Are you trying to duplicate the AEP file in Windows Explorer?

You have to open the After Effects application and duplicate a composition from within the AE Project Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

come on for god sake i'm not

stupied to do

that ...

hello i'm working within after effect but all that ways to duplicate the copmoistion INSIDE AFTER EFFECT are useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either you don't understand the answer or you are unable to describe your problem precisely.

Let's start with a minimal example.

1) Create a composition "comp A", add a solid in it and duplicate the composition by selecting it in the project panel and clicking ctrl-d.

2) Rename the duplicate in "comp B"

3) change the position of the solid in comp B to another position

After you performed the steps, is the position of the solid in comp A also moved?

If not, what's your problem then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be duplicating in the timeline. Duplicating in the Project panel creates a new independent composition that can be edited. If the original composition contains pre-comps then the pre-comps will not be changed.

IOW, if you have a text layer that says "Hello World" in a composition called Comp 1 and you pre-compose that text layer, then you duplicate Comp 1 in Project panel you'll end up with a new composition called Comp 2. If you then open up Comp 2 in the timeline and edit the pre-composed text layer to say "Good Bye" Comp 1 will now say "Good Bye" because you're using the same pre-comp for both Comp 1 and Comp 2. You will have to duplicate the pre-comps, change the text in one of them, then replace the footage in either Comp 1 or Comp 2.

There is no way that this technique will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much that was very helpful

Now my problem has been solved. the last solution worked

thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AF requires duplication of the composition like in Flash ( duplicate MovieClip in stage - timeline AND MAKE IT UNIQE ) !!!  please DO IT IN CS 6.5! 😘

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, a latecomer to the party.  We all went home a long time ago ;^)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can file a feature request here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish . More on how to give feedback: http://bit.ly/93d6NF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try importing the project to the project panel, then find the comp inside it and use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Download ... "True Comp Duplicator" and u r done...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is ridiculous. How is this expected behaviour? Companies make mistakes, but how can something this dumb fall through the cracks version after version? Adobe can be so user hostile, triumphing systems and rules over usability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines