• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplication of Compositions and pre compositions

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I was looking around for answers regarding this topic and I found a few video which explains how to duplicate compositions "correctly". Here is one of the videos which helped me to understand how to duplicate things better: How to Duplicate Compositions in After Effects Correctly - YouTube

however, the problem with this is that I have lots of sub compositions within the main comp that I'd like to duplicate. In the video, it is mentioned that the sub comp will not be independent even after we duplicated the main comp, and to fix that, we have to manual duplicate things one by one. So my question is: is there any plug-ins available (or any simpler manual way) to do this without duplicating EVERY SINGLE SUB COMP? (I have way too many sub compositions and it will cost me a lot of time to duplicate them one by one.)

god bless and thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another cheap idea: Save a project with the one comp, start a new project, and re-import the saved project multiple times - - treating that saved project as a template of sorts. The only hitch in this would be if you have expressions that are linking to/through specific precomp names. Obviously you will have a lot of precomps with the same name when doing this, and those expressions won't know where/what to link with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines