• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EMERGENCY!!! After effects random color subtle fickers on m1 max mac

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help this is very urgent. Just switched to M1 after a life on x86 and this is happening. No adjustment layer, no nothing, just plain clips after caching will show with subtle color fluctuations, from green to magenta

Settings i've tried:

Tried 8, 16, 32 bit,  Trillinear, Tetrahedral, GPU on, Mercury Software only, Full ress, half, quarter... change color space , cleaning cache, you name it.

This crap is making me nuts, cannot do anything at all nor share anything with serious professionals.... adobe what the heck are you doing, spent 6k+ on this computer!

I attach two contiguous frames.... 

And what about all those crappy errors when animating ILLUSTRATOR vectors.... anyways  thats a matter for another post--.

HAS ANYONE GOT A SOLUTION!?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Hi @OMont,

Thank you for reporting this issue, and providing example frames and sample footage. I see green/brown color shifts that are inconsistent on which frame they appear with:

• M1 MacBook Pro. Does not reproduce on Mac Intel.

• Hardware decode enabled. Does not reproduce with hardware decode disabled.

For a work around, please try turning OFF Hardware Decode. Preferences > Import > UNCHECK Enable hardware accelerated decoding (requires restart). After restart also clear the disk cache

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE,

Instead of loading Prores4444 (duh apple, its supposed to be YOUR thing) switched to uncompressed YUV 10bit exported from Resolve and it seems to be working consistently.... alas i cannot transcode everything everytime to a such slow format... whats the point of having prores accelerators if i-m not going to use prores at all beter swtich back to my Cyrix 486

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OMont,

Sorry for your issue.

Is it happening with all the Prores4444 files? What's the source of the media? Would you mind sharing one of them to test at our end?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be happening not only with Prores4444, Prores4444 XQ ,  but also with h265, Generated from davinci resolve studio and Panasonic cameras

Here a sample from resolve https://we.tl/t-9GfHaF747j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @OMont,

Thank you for reporting this issue, and providing example frames and sample footage. I see green/brown color shifts that are inconsistent on which frame they appear with:

• M1 MacBook Pro. Does not reproduce on Mac Intel.

• Hardware decode enabled. Does not reproduce with hardware decode disabled.

For a work around, please try turning OFF Hardware Decode. Preferences > Import > UNCHECK Enable hardware accelerated decoding (requires restart). After restart also clear the disk cache in case After Effects has miscolored frames in the cache. Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache... . Please let us know if this resolves the issue. I'll write a bug ticket so we can address root cause.

Thanks again,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isse is "resolved" by disabling the feature...   But hardware decode is a must... Thanks anyways for the tickets. I have another issues too with animating vector graphics, i'll upload soon

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro M1 Max. Any fixes in the works that don't involve turning Hardare Decoding off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neither no one notices it,  or nobody cares....    updated the software twice  so far and no fix ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem for me also.

When it gonna be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here....
Any updates ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines