• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expressions in Range Selector to create subscript and superscript for Premiere template

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am building a text template for use in Premiere via the motion graphics template feature. Using a range selector with scale and position controls, I am able to manually select a character in my text index and format it into a subscript or superscript. This is a somewhat finicky process inside the template controls.

My question: Is there a way of using expressions for scale and position that will automatically adjust the selected character into sub/sup position?

My issues with the manual technique are as follows:

As the text count increases, the scale function with the range selector changes with the overall size of the text box, meaning a subscripted character in a long body of text requires a different scale value than with a subscripted character in a shorter body of text. Also, when scrolling my range selector (End whipped to Start+1), the selected  character is repositioned towards some absolute point in the text box, not a point relative to its natural position. These behaviors create the finicky issues that I would like to eliminate.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Thank you, Mylenium. I have found that using the index setting and linking the anchor point to the 'Start' range selector keeps sub/superscripts nice and tidy when scrolling through the index.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with that. Simply set the text to operate on absolute text indices, not percentages.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Mylenium. I have found that using the index setting and linking the anchor point to the 'Start' range selector keeps sub/superscripts nice and tidy when scrolling through the index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines