• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to make object go behind another object

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whats the standard way to make it so 1 object is in front of another object but behind another

for instance, lets say i have a mask of a basketball and i want the basketball to be visible so the basketball is in front of the rest of the background, but then someoene runs in front of the basketball, so now how do i make it so the basketball is in front of the everything else but covered/behind the person running in front of it which blocks the vision

do i create a mask of that person running in front of the ball and just have layering priority on this person over the ball or is there a better and more common way of doing this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

You mask that person.  You make it the top layer.  This requires rotoscoping.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to mask just stack the layers in the proper order to have some in front of others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well the person that will go in front of the ball is currently the same layer as everything else, so how do i get that person to be on a different layer without masking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mask that person.  You make it the top layer.  This requires rotoscoping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines