Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri Color Bug

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a strange bug with the Lumetri Color wheels. For example in Lumetri color, RGB curves, the wheel for Hue and Saturation is shifted way to the blue.

Capture.PNG

I'am using a Adobe CC 2017, and this problem appear in After Effects and Premiere Pro.

My computer set is:

Processor: Intel(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @2.10ghz (2 processors)

RAM: 32 GB

Video card: NVidia Quadro K4000

Windows 10 64bit

Does anyone had this, and can it be fixed?

Regards,

Yanko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Yeh on the latest version Neil.

But BAM! IT's now fixed... it's what Jarle says. Sounds like Adobe have to calibrate the app for when there's scaling above 100% (it's still workable when I set to 175%). I do notice some "fuzziness" in the text due to the scaling, but give me centered color wheels any day.

Thanks for the input guys... hope it helps some people out. My screen res is 3200 x 1800 so having the scaling set to 100% makes my eyes cringe (wayyyy too small).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what you're seeing as default as soon as you apply Lumetri to any layer in Ae or Pr? You're not using any presets?

Does this happen in a brand new project?

Are you simply applying the effect and then opening up the Hue Saturation Curves section or are you doing anything else first?

What happens if you trash your preferences of either application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is the default as soon as i apply Lumetri to any layer in AE or PR.

Yes i'am not using any presets.

Yes it happens in brand new projects.

I have tried to only to open Hue Saturation Curves without any other tweeks but it still looks like the screenshot above.

I didn't get the last question, what do you mean to "trash preferences". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you reset? If I set points the way you have set them in this screenshot I get exactly what you are seeing and that's exactly what I expect to happen. I don't see a bug here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.PNG

This is the default, I hope you can now see the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how to reset your preferences in Premiere: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2126506

It's very strange that you're seeing this in both Ae and Pr though. You say you're running CC 2017, but are you on the latest updates? After effects is on 14.2.1 and Premiere is on 11.1.2. You can find this by going to the Help menu and clicking About Adobe Premiere Pro (or After Effects)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still the same. Both apps are up to date, and the trash of preferences did nothing.

Can this problem be connected to the video card or anything external?  I have Magic Bullet Colorista installed, but still i like to work with lumetri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try switching your renderer in the Project Settings to Software and remove the GPU from the equation (remove the effect then try it), but it seems unlikely.

How are you adding Lumetri? Is it possible that a preset was saved with the Hue wheel like this and you're searching for "Lumetri" in the Effects panel and adding the wrong one? It seems very unlikely since you're seeing this in both applications.

Do you have another computer you can test this on? What about creating  a new user account temporarily to see what happens there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both of the examples you mention does not work.

I have tried the project on another computer, everything there is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then the issue is localized to your computer.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling both Ae and Pr and don't retain your preferences when you uninstall.

Before that I should ask, does this actually affect your footage or is it a UI-only issue? When you apply Lumetri to your clip does it immediately become blue? If not, try double-clicking anywhere on the color wheel to reset the points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing i did was to uninstall and remove all my preferences it didnt work.

The interesting part is that it does not affect my footage. So i guess it's only a UI issue. Still double-clicking anywhere does not work.

Also it my be important to mention that i am not connected to a monitor, but to a 4k Samsung LED TV. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a monitor you could test connecting to? What happens if you start to play with the Hue wheel? What if you actually wanted to make your footage that saturated? Does touching either of the blue or green points automatically make your footage as saturated as it would if you had actually dragged the points out manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird, when i am trying to oversaturate the blue, it does not work at all. But the rest of the colors can be oversaturated .

And yes i have a smaller monitor on which i have made the test... it's still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there's a file somewhere that's being referenced by both Pr and Ae that controls the UI of that section. They're technically two different plug-ins (due to the UI differences) so that's the biggest wrench here.

Kevin-Monahan​ can you shed some light on this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is a UI redraw issue, and it's the GPU that draws the UI, I'd start my problem shooting by updating the GPU drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did update the GPU drivers... the problem remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have this issue Kutin92?

Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I still have it. And I'am feeling little depressed .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's no good. Can you contact us via phone or chat? Contact Customer Care

If you can't connect, send me a PM.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too! exactly the same issue. I did a Adobe clean up, reset, reinstall. eveyrthing. still same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to center it again? I've got it set by default as well. Soo frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your AE is up to date and you are still having the problem then it's probably a system specific but. Check your display drivers and everything else. This reported problem is not a common bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filed here guys... please vote if you can... seems like a wider issue:

Lumetri Colors - wheels not centered bug – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought: Do you have any kind of UI scaling going on on your computer? If so, does it help to set it to 100%? What about 200%

I have seen some weird UI issues on Windows when the UI is scaled to 150%. It's quite common on high-res monitors to scale the UI because the icons get so small at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jarle... I'm about to try that, bumped into another thread here kinda talking about what you're talking about: Color wheel alignment off

Too bad I liteterally just uninstalled PP. As soon as that bad boy has finished re-installing it's the first thing I'ma do!

Stay tuned, but thanks for your input. I've also seen some issues with my Lightroom I have on Windows 10. Fingers crossed this is the cause of my issues -multiple displays / DPI scaling issues. Ps I'm got an XPS 13 9350 (Windows 10) if anyone's interested that swings by this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines