• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking Issue in AE CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here as a last resort as this issue is driving me nuts. I must have hit some button that's causing my problem but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

The issue is every time I try to create a mask with the pen tool, say for a stroke animation, the second point always gets placed underneath the first. I can move the second mask point away, but it has closed the mask into a shape rather than a line. It's difficult to explain, which is why I'm having such a tough time finding the solution.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I've tried resetting preferences but that's not worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Could you please send in a bug report for this as it sounds like a bug.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your clicking to place the point to start the mask and its auto placing a second point and auto completing the shape on a single click?

Might be in your os... What OS are you running and AE version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Sierra 10.12.6 and AE CC 2017 v14.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I am running that same set up on one of my machines so not sure... Couple options...

Its a pain but you might have to un-install and then re-install creative cloud... I would also use a third party preference cleaner - Preference Manager - Digital Rebellion after u do the un-install to make sure you clear everything out

You can also check your system preferences to see how fast you have your double click speed set to. Changing the setting there to a lower speed may do the trick. 

Hope that helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an odd issue that I've never come accross before. A few questions;

Is the layer 3D?

have you tried drawing the mask in the Layer panel instead of the comp panel? Any luck?

are you viewing the comp in the active camera view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joe_simone,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies everyone. It's super bizarre. Some times it's there, others it's not. When the issue is there, it only affects some layers. The only remedy I've found is to swap the layer out with the same from the asset window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please send in a bug report for this as it sounds like a bug.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines