• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New CC update (10/6/14) change the Blue color????

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the hardwork involved in updating the apps, but the light blue on grey isn't cuttin' it for my eyes.  Is there a way to change it?  I can't seem to find a setting in Prefs > Appearances.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 109 Replies 109
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately it seems you're advocating in the void! this request has been placed by us users since October 2014!....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vote: +1 ... Please Change back to yellow or provide an option to pick color.

The blue is harder to see (less contrast) and requires more concentration to work with.

The blue looks nice, however, ease and proficiency of use should always come first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with you, and we will never stop to advocate such request. One should never forget, it's the user who's point of view should prevail because he's the one confronted to the job and the use of his tools and this is valid in any kind of business. A faulty color of a financial software's GUI or its characters can be also a source of mistakes with incredible financial consequences to his company and customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow over one year and still nothing. I thought "Cloud Subscription" was supposed to bring a great things in less time. I have been using CS6 up until about two weeks ago. So far, I am really wondering where all of these great and wonderful things are, what have I just bought into? This is a bit ridiculous.

I don't even consider this "great" but more of a UX thing, which is critical workflow. Something Adobe has always seemed fit to want to have utmost control over. If I want pink highlights let me use pink highlights. Other far more "professional" software I use gives me ultimate control over my personal user experience. I can change the colors that suit me and my environment, I can customize the UI to create toolbars with frequently used tools, I can create custom tools for repetitive tasks (photoshop can do this)

Why in the name of all that is good cannot I not do this in a 20 year old program yet? Seriously. Really seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johnny don't you think those lyrics could not apply to this situation?

"The Lord above gave man an arm of iron

So he could do his job and never shirk.

The Lord above gave man an arm of iron-but

With a little bit of luck, With a little bit of luck,

Someone else'll do the blinkin' work!

With a little bit...with a little bit...

With a little bit of luck you'll never work!"

I know I'm a very naughty froggy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha I would do the work if I could find it.

Here is another good one, how long did it take to actually be able to adjust the "darkness" of the UI Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone wanting to change the color of the keyframe icons can do so. Just follow my instructions here:

You can change the color of the keyframe icons in After Effects CC 2014 and 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The major issue is the color of the characters in the menus and titles in the UI.

Claude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working with 4K video of waterfall. Can hardly see controls.  ADOBE: Titling has long been critical in film and video production.  No different for interface.  In addition to user controlled UI color scheme, line thickness, shadow, or dynamic and/or coloring for controls on Video makes sense.   PS blog reads pages of similar complaints.  This is a working tool - form following function.  Seriously consider the design parameters in that order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines