• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option + Command No longer allows for scrubbing audio without updating the video.

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of AE you were able to hold down Option and Command while scrubing the timeline, allowing you to hear audio smoothly at the expense of not getting an updated preview. In AE 17.5 this command performs exactly the same as Command while scrubbing. Is this a glitch, a removed feature, or rebound to another key? 

Windows 10

Intel 18core 10980xe

128gb ram

2x1080gtx

2tb nvme

60tb or so worth of hard drives.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Update 29 Oct 2020
Fixes for this, and other problems where holding the Option/Alt key incorrectly activated the camera tool, are now available in After Effects Beta, build 17.5.1×41 or later. You can test these fixes by installing or updating After Effects Beta via the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that, it looks like "alt" isn't working as it should, as pressing alt now doesn't stop the preview's update. Meanwhile, you may find pressing "caps lock" and scrubbing with ctrl to be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi madaspy and ali_jaber

I'm able to repro this on my Mac too. Audio-only scrubbing by using the Command+Option modifier keys doesn't work.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll log a bug for the After Effects team.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this. I can confirm that this is a bug in After Effects 17.5. It looks like the code that the improved camera tools use is a little overzealous in when it takes over the keyboard shortcuts. The team is aware and we’ll look at fixing this for a future update.

Until a fix is available, you can work around this by disabling the new Option/Alt keyboard behavior for the camera tools. Go to Preferences > 3D and uncheck Activate Option/Alt – Left / Middle / Right mouse click for camera navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update 29 Oct 2020
Fixes for this, and other problems where holding the Option/Alt key incorrectly activated the camera tool, are now available in After Effects Beta, build 17.5.1×41 or later. You can test these fixes by installing or updating After Effects Beta via the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines