Problems with camera in After Effects

New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, guys! Maybe i am super stupid but i really can not figure out one thing.

I repeat exactly the same things as tutorial says but it does not work.

I uploaded my layers into a AE and i am trying to use a camera. So i add a camera and i see this http://joxi.ru/E2pKZxoi78BaPm

all cool but whenever i try to choose a layer and manipulate a camera the triangle simply disappears http://joxi.ru/1A5dYk4iDZKbG2

Why is that? i do exactly the same thing as tutorials says and the same thing happens all the time? Could you help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a lot easier to just drag your images to the forum and it makes it easier for us to see them. Many times I won't open links when I don't know where they are going...

272e15eb14.jpg

affd052d38.jpg

It looks like you have the top layer view selected but it is hard to tell whether or not the view on the right is set. to Active Camera. That is the only view that will render.

The camera wireframe display options are found in the Comp Panel>View Options panel. You find the panel by selecting the three hash marks just to the right of the Composition Name in the top left corner of the Composition panel.

Screenshot_2019-05-28 16.35.31_kf8uUC.png

I have mine on by default but I believe the default setting is on when selected. That is what your View options are set to if the camera wireframe disappears when you select another layer.

If the view on the right is set to Front instead of Active Camera and you set up your camera move you will see a preview, but when you go to render you will not get the same framing. Active Camera is the only view that will render and it the only view you should use to judge your project. If you have Camera Wireframes set to ON and you see the camera wireframe in any comp viewer, that view WILL NOT render. You will never see a Camera Wireframe in the Active Camera view.

Everything I talked about is in the User Guide. That is the first place you should look when you run into problems like this. If you had typed "camera wireframe" or "animate camera" in the Search Help field in the top right corner of After Effects

Screenshot_2019-05-28 16.50.56_xBc4F3.png

it would have taken you here:   Cameras, lights, and points of interest. There is a lot of information there about the comp cameras and links to additional resources.

Screenshot_2019-05-28 16.35.31_kf8uUC.png

I suspect that the tutorial you are following may have been created by an amateur. You really cannot expect details on every option in every tutorial, but you must vet your trainers. Vet: Verify they know what they are talking about. About 10 years ago most of the tutorials you could find were done by professionals, but now, more than half of the new ones I see and most of the tutorials that send folks to the forums asking why things are not working, are presented by amateurs and enthusiasts that don't really know what they are doing. They often leave out critical steps or often promote inefficient workflows that leave you stuck with a project that really doesn't work.

I hope this helps. Spend some time exploring the resources available through AE's Search Help feature. For most questions is a lot more efficient way to find answers than surfing the web looking for tutorials or jumping on the forums.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines