Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Hindi text in After Effects

Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an After Effects project that was originally done in English. Now I'm making the same graphics in Hindi.  I've changed the text input to Asian and Middle Eastern and if I make a new text layer the Hindi text will copy and paste fine.  However, if I copy and paste over an existing text layer, it will not paste correctly.  I don't want to rebuild from scratch so how can I get an existing text layer that was originally created with the Latin text engine to successfully read the Hindi that I am pasting?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One solution I just found was to paste the text into a new layer and then copy and paste from there into the existing layer.  This is better, but not a great solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the solution. It worked. Thank you jmciver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
YOU JUST SAVED MY LIFE. THANKS A LOT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update to my problem in case anyone ever searches for this in the future.   If copying and pasting into a new text layer in After Effects is not working for you, copy and paste into Photoshop first.   I thought it was working in After Effects, but after being reviewed, there were some spacing errors being created in After Effects. After spending a couple days troubleshooting, here is what I ended up doing.

When working with Hindi text, and in this case I'm using Nirmala UI as the font, you need to setup Photoshop to work with Middle Eastern and South Asian text.  Then type or copy and paste the text onto a text layer.  From here you can copy and paste the Photoshop text into a clean text layer in After Effects.  If you try and paste over an existing text that did not have the correct font selected it will not work.  After the first instance of copy and paste into a new text layer in AE you can copy and paste over that text layer our into a new text layer and bypass Photoshop. 

In my case, I am replacing English text in AE from existing graphics . So, the last step is to copy and paste the Hindi text from the After Effects text layer into the existing English text layer.  If you're creating new graphics then obviously the last step won't apply to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh that's work.

• Copying some sentence from google input tools
  • Open Photoshop
  • Using text tools select matching fonts and eisily paste that copied text.
  • Now select all that text from photoshop and copy them.
  • You can now use this copy paste feauture and paste them in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects

Hope team will fix this bug soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have an Isuue with this. Text like प्रतिभा doesnt work properly. It shows with (halanta) प् र ती भा . This sucks.
I tried many fonts, its still the same.😤

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines