• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering computer & work computer - single user

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many other video editors I have a rendering computer along with a second computer to work on while the other computer is using its RAM to render/encode. From what I understand and my discussions with the Adobe Support team, with an Adobe CC subscription for individuals only allowing one active subscription on a single computer at a time, this means that when rendering in After Effects, Premiere or Media Encoder on one computer I will be locked out of using my apps on my other computer and unable to continue work on other projects until that render is complete.
The single-user-at-a-time policy may work for quick-save apps like Photoshop and Illustrator but for video animation, editing and encoding software it makes it very expensive for freelancers to be able to have a functional setup without having to either have two seperate Adobe CC subscriptions under 2 email addresses running at $1200 USD/year or 2 team licenses under one email address running at $1920 USD/yr. That's a substantial cost for a single user. I think Adobe needs to look at this policy and change it for their video software to make it more usable for freelancing professionals.

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Amazing. Thank you for letting me know! You're right - I'll check forums first next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install and use a single-user-full-subscription licence on TWO machines at the same time. This may also be true for partital subscription (only one product) - I don't know, don't have one.

I wonder why you post such misinformation without giving it a quick test before, as you already have two computers and it takes nothing but to log in on both machines.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it can be installed on two computers, but when talking to Adobe support they've informed me that the subscription programs can only be open on one computer at a time. So if I have AE open on one computer and rendering, according to what they told me, I could not have AE open on another computer working on a seperate project. I no longer have access to my previous subscription through work so I can't test if this is true so I'm just having to go off what they said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.

I'm using a licence on two computers for years and versions and never run into any issue with that. So, Adobe support don't informed you very well.

Next time, better ask in the forum. Here are the people who are using the software every day.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing. Thank you for letting me know! You're right - I'll check forums first next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't let me tag the certain programs that the issue pertains to so I had to copy & paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines