• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resetting pop ups to centre / default position of screen, as monitor layout changed

Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to reset the windows pop up location for after effects?

resetting preferences does not do it.

I have changed monitor layouts and all AE pop ups are going off screen.

Tris

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try dragging them onto the "correct" moniotor before closing them.

Make sure in your monitor settings that the monitor you use AE on is your primary monitor.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know I can reposition each one as they pop up, but I want to set all future pop ups to pop up normally. Yes it is the main screen. It isn't that they are on the wrong screen, it is that they are half off the right hand side of a monitor that is on the right of the other monitor. Previous monitor was 5120x2160 and this is 2048x1536... hmm hang on.... ah. custom workspace... DUH. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds to me like the fix is in your GPU setting..like what forme would be the "Nvidia Control Panel".   What has caused it is the change in screen resolution.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what? no. it is that the workspace was built to those dimensions so I guess it pops up in the centre of that. Nothing to do with nvidia settings, I just swapped monitors out The problem is the custome workspace. If I use default AE workspaces it is fine. Solved, but would be good to have control over where pop ups go, but that is Windows for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand.  Glad you fixed it.  Like I said the problem was the change in resolutions. 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had a custom workspace (Mac) that migrated from an older version and caused errors.  Deleting the custom, creating a new workspace solved it. (I can't remember if duplicating the workspace worked, but I seem to think it didn't)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nah it doesn't fix it. I reset to standard workspaces but it still pops up offscreen. Wiggedy WAC. It took twenty years to get scopes in a video app though so I am not expecting much. It seems weird that it still thinks I have the monitor layout I had when it was installed. It has always been like this. I remember  hitting enter on invisible dialogue boxes in 4.1. Maybe time to check with the current system settings at application startup? Just a thought! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines