Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing a Composition

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a composition built at 1920x1080. I would like to change it to 1280x720.  Is there a way to do that and also change the layers within the composition porportionally?  I was thinking about creating a null layer and parenting all the layers to the null and resize the null but would that degrade my layers?

Please let me know if there is a easier/more efficient way of resize (downsizing) the compositon without degrading the quality of the composition.

Big thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Select File>Scripts>Demo Palette. This will open a palette in AE with a scale comp button. Simply select your comp in the timeline and click. Use should be easy to figure put.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select File>Scripts>Demo Palette. This will open a palette in AE with a scale comp button. Simply select your comp in the timeline and click. Use should be easy to figure put.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly. Big thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks !!! I was looking for a thing like this for a long time !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you man, it worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is helpful, Rick. Is there a way to do this with out locking proportions. I have a file I need to resize to 900x52.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you know what you are doing. 900 X 52 is not a standard video size. It is highly unlikely that a standard media player will play that file or that you can easily compress it to a common distribution format.

that If you want to use the resize script then pick the new widest dimension, then resize the comp changing only the other dimension. You can the Anchor using the Advanced options in Comp Settings: This may make it easier to resize, realizing that you are going to crop your comp.

Screenshot_2018-11-07 13.43.09_of5d7q.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I think I can love you Rick

Really helpfull, thanks!!!
RR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked!  This saved me hours, and probably also trashing the original composition.  THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not put your 1080 precomp into a 720p? Turn on collapse transforms and scale to fit. Should give the same results, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does.  I use it all the time.  Works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines