• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thai font missing accent mark issue in AE 17.5

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just updated AE to latest 17.5 and found issue with Thai font.

My issue is when the accent mark (letter or symbol which placed above or below normal line) are not follow by letter or symbol in line it will disappear.

I will use these word as example here.

Font Correct.png

notice the end of each word, there are accent mark, one above and one below, as I said when it not follow by any letter, it disappear.

Font issue.png

and if it follow by letter or symbol it back, and I try to demonstrate another accent mark in the line disappear if follow by space.

Font Missing.png

my quick fix for now is change text direction from Thai normal left to right reading to right to left reading, it kinda fix but this method issue is if the line end with symbol it jump to start of line.

Font QuickFixHIL.png

Font symbol.png

It really annoy when I have to fix it word by word, this issue never happend before this latest update and I'm sure I config type property correctly, are there any fix for this issue? please look in to this, thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Happily report, problem solved in latest 18.2.1 update. Every Thai font can work normaly in South Asia and Middle Eastern Text Engine, no more missing accent mark.
Thank you Adobe dev team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too 
same problem now my version is AE17.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version still not fix this issue yet. my another work around is to set Type preference to Latin but it will has issue with double accent mark (สระ + วรรณยุกต์) will take same line, I have to adjust it one by one, so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too 
same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

FB_IMG_1622654901313.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happily report, problem solved in latest 18.2.1 update. Every Thai font can work normaly in South Asia and Middle Eastern Text Engine, no more missing accent mark.
Thank you Adobe dev team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines