• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Common Extensibility Platform (CEP) suite couldn't be loaded.

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I uninstalled and reinstalled and getting the same error. After Effects can’t continue: The Common Extensibility Platform (CEP) suite couldn't be loaded. You may need to reinstall. After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup. I'm running (Mac) Yosemite 10.10.5, using After Effects CC 2015 v.13.6.1. Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

I was experiencing the exact same issues you described. No amount of uninstall, reinstall, update, or even the CC cleaner tool was able to fix.

The solution? For me, after ensuring that AE was running with full administrator rights in Windows 10 (right click > run as administrator) it opens up just fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

I had the same problem on a mac running After Effects CC 15.0.1.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 2.54.35 PM.png

The issue turned out to be faulty permissions on the "Adobe" folder inside the user "Documents" folder.  I changed the folder permissions to be "Read & Write" for all (be sure to "apply to enclosed items") and the problem was fixed.  Permissions should be as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 3.46.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here after installing latest update for AE CC 2015 on a Windows 10 PC.  Uninstall/reinstall has not resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall, run the CC Cleaner tool from Adobe, restart your machine, reinstall. See if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before running the CC Cleaner Tool (below are the options the tool offers on my machine) do I have to uninstall all of my CC Cloud Apps?  The only App I am having the CEP problem with is CC After Effects 2015 and I don't want to uninstall/reinstall all of my Apps unless I have no other option.

Choose from one of the following options to clean up :
1.  All
2.  Adobe Flash Player 10.2
3.  Creative Cloud 2015, Creative Cloud 2014, Creative Cloud & CS6 Products
4.  Creative Cloud 2015 only
5.  Creative Cloud 2014 only
6.  Creative Cloud only
7.  CS 6 only
8.  CS5-CS5.5-CS6
9.  CS5-CS5.5
10. CS3, CS4
11. Adobe Id credentials
12. Fix Host File
13. Quit

Choice 😆

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still does not work. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

allow it in windows ransomeware protection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very smart, Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing the exact same issues you described. No amount of uninstall, reinstall, update, or even the CC cleaner tool was able to fix.

The solution? For me, after ensuring that AE was running with full administrator rights in Windows 10 (right click > run as administrator) it opens up just fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks That fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OChrisJonesO:
This unfortunately does NOT work in OSX. Same issue here since a few days. Yesterday, when starting AE with Command-Option-Shift keys pressed, I was able to work with it again, but this morning after boot-up: dead, same issue. Any help is much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thebeltrdam wrote:

Yesterday, when starting AE with Command-Option-Shift keys pressed, I was able to work with it again, but this morning after boot-up: dead, same issue. Any help is much appreciated!

What, exact, version of AE are you trying to use? (Full version number down to the last decimal, please.)

What happens if you try to use a different version?

What, exact, version of MacOS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, because AE wont startup, I can only give you AE CC 2015.3 version number 13.8

I am not willing to switch to an older version, because this one worked until recently.

OSX 10.11.5 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3072MB and 28 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try checking into the solutions on this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! This works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey PAK, i'm having the same problem. Did you ever resolve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out how to fix it for the mac version? I'm struggling with this too. I've tried reinstalling and restarting but none of that works.Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 7.23.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on a mac running After Effects CC 15.0.1.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 2.54.35 PM.png

The issue turned out to be faulty permissions on the "Adobe" folder inside the user "Documents" folder.  I changed the folder permissions to be "Read & Write" for all (be sure to "apply to enclosed items") and the problem was fixed.  Permissions should be as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 3.46.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the sharing and permissions file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MUCHIIIIIIIIIIIISIMAS GRACIAS POR TU APORTE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me when I was getting the CEP message. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy Crap! This fixed it for me and AE 2020. I can't believe this was the issue!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too, Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I followed the Document Read & Write method and it did not work for me 😞 Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling CC. Not working at all. 

I'm on AE 2022 version 22.5.

Please help! Thanks a bunch! Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 08.03.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is working!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply is from 2018, but still works with 2023 version. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines