• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: One-Click Image Export in After Effects!

Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youtubers need to create thumbnails. A one-image quick export feature in AE is long overdue.

Doing so in After Effects now is way too complex a task. Please simplify. There should be a button underneath the video that I press, select export format and folder. Done.

Why do I need to go into render cue just to get a quick image??

Please finally create a one-button-one-image export feature in After Effect. Thanks.  

Idea No status
TOPICS
Import and export , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great feature request we'll look into but in the meantime...its a little off-label but the Generate Reference Frame in the Content Aware Fill panel will save your current frame as a PSD alongside your project. It will also import it into your project and your comp however. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I did know how to do that. But it is a bit an overkill to export a layered PSD when all you need is a thumbnail for a video overlay. This task should be quick and easy. Photoshop PSD defeats the purpose in this specific case, as I need to re-open Photoshop and then export jpg or png.

Two apps just to get a simple bitmaps image? 

As mentioned, there are many use-cases where this is necessary like Youtube thumbnails, video image thumbnail overlays for webdesign and I am sure there are other use-cases as well, when you want to post stuff to social platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate