• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe air doesn't install on new mac version

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have mac 10.15 you can't install adobe air from the following link.

https://get.adobe.com/air/

It gives a os version is not valid

official messages is "your operating sytsem does not support the latest version of adobe air. please reer to the current miminum system requirements.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have just found the same issue. I need Abode Air to use some other software but this stops me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this link

https://get.adobe.com/air/otherversions/

That allowed me to download and install it but then gets this error

“Adobe AIR.framework” is damaged and can’t be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated and am getting this same error. I would love to know when this glitch will be fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just tested it again using Firefox, Chrome, and safari. This still isn't fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in System Preferences / Security & Privacy / General set "Allows Apps .." to "Anywhere"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Anywhere option was removed. I believe there's a hack to switch it back on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem, with the error about a damaged framework. I tried the hack to switch "allow apps from anywhere" back on, but this did not help Adobe Air work at all. Hoping for another solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found the solution, here is the email from support at:  Adobe.Support@harman.com

The plan going forwards should be to use the “captive runtime” approach where there is no longer a dependency on this shared runtime, but instead the applications are bundled up together with the runtime. There are some instructions for this at the below link… the disadvantage here is that the applications will need to be re-packaged/re-distributed, but over the long term it would be a better approach.

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f709e16db131e43659b9-8000.html

Hope that helps..

thanks

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the solution is that we have to recompile, repackage, and redistribute all Air apps? And bundle all of them with the runtime? Seriously??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, AIR will not run on Catalina.. any answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here... no solution from Adobe / Harman / Roadmap? Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried and tried and tried to install AIR and keep getting the:

Adobe AIR.framework” is damaged and can’t be opened

error! I desperately need this to run another program for my job ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you that the process is not easy... BUT it is possible.

I recommend hiring someone on Freelancer.com that can help with getting the certificates and compile a pkg / dmg using your AIR to a native captive runtime. I did it... got more gray hair from it but hopefully I can give you enough info here that will put you on the right track. So here it is:

first compile your AIR app, I am using a nodejs script:

#!/usr/local/bin/node
var util = require('util');
var exec = util.promisify(require('child_process').exec);
var servers = [
    'rm -r -f ./YourAppName.app',
    'rm -r -f /Users/YourUser/Library/Application\ Support/YourAppName*',
    'rm -r -f /Users/YourUser/Library/Caches/YourAppName*',
    'rm -r -f /Users/YourUser/Library/Cookies/YourAppName.',
    '/usr/bin/java -jar ../../FlexAir28/lib/mxmlc.jar  +flexlib=../../FlexAir28/frameworks/ +configname=air -swf-version=37 ./YourAppName.mxml -output ./bin/YourAppName.swf',
    '/usr/bin/java -jar ../../FlexAir28/lib/adt.jar -package -tsa http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp -keystore ../../AIR_2021.p12 -storetype pkcs12 -storepass clscls2 -target bundle ./YourAppName ./YourAppName.xml -C ./bin/ YourAppName.swf -C ./icons/ IconStudio16.png -C ./icons/ IconStudio32.png -C ./icons/ IconStudio48.png -C ./icons/ IconStudio128.png',
    'cp -r -f /Users/YourUser/Desktop/Mac/Solution/6.3/Build/Master/Code/desktop/StudioLoginAirOrigin.swf /Users/YourUser/Desktop/Mac/YourAppName/src/YourAppName.app/Contents/Resources/YourAppName.swf',
    'cp -r -f /Users/YourUser/Desktop/Mac/YourAppName/src/config.xml /Users/YourUser/Desktop/Mac/YourAppName/src/YourAppName.app/Contents/Resources',
    'tar -czvf /Users/YourUser/Desktop/Mac/YourAppName/bin-release/YourAppName.tar.gz ./YourAppName.app/',
    './YourAppName.app/Contents/MacOS/YourAppName.dmg',
    'cp -r -f /Users/YourUser/Desktop/Mac/YourAppName/src/YourAppName.app ~/Desktop',
];
async function main() {
    for (let s = 0 ; s < servers.length; s++) {
        console.log(servers[s]);
        const { stdout, stderr } = await exec(servers[s]);
        if (stderr) console.error(`error: ${stderr}`);
        console.log(stdout);
    }
}

main();

once that's done you will need to create a certificate (get freelancer help for https://appleid.apple.com)

next I am using the shell script:

VERSION="10.0"
APP_DIR="/Users/UserName/Desktop"
INFO_PLIST="/Users/UserName/Desktop/YourAppName.app/Contents/Info.plist"
cd "$APP_DIR"
cd YourAppName.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/
rm Adobe\ AIR;
ln -s Versions/Current/Adobe\ AIR "Adobe AIR"
ln -s Versions/Current/Adobe\ AIR_64 "Adobe AIR_64"
rm -fr Resources/
ln -s Versions/Current/Resources/ Resources
cd Versions
rm -fr Current
ln -s 1.0 Current
cd "$APP_DIR"
xattr -cr YourAppName.app
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :CFBundleShortVersionString \"${VERSION}\"" "${INFO_PLIST}"
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :CFBundleGetInfoString \"${VERSION}, © 2019 Acme Inc All rights reserved.\"" "${INFO_PLIST}"
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :LSApplicationCategoryType string public.app-category.business" "${INFO_PLIST}"
codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Acme Inc (XXXXXXX)" YourAppName.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Adobe\ AIR_64
codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Acme Inc (XXXXXXX)" YourAppName.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Adobe\ AIR
codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Acme Inc (XXXXXXX)" YourAppName.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0
codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Acme Inc (XXXXXXX)" YourAppName.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework
codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Acme Inc (XXXXXXX)" YourAppName.app

next go to:

go to https://appleid.apple.com (provide passsword) and generate app specific password, label can be anything

paste the NEWLY GENERATED PASSWORD in 2 places in xcrun... in 

productbuild --component YourAppName.app /Applications/ YourAppName.pkg

productsign --sign "Developer ID Installer: Acme Inc (XXXXXX)" --keychain /Users/userName/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db YourAppName.pkg YourAppNameSigned.pkg

xcrun altool --notarize-app --primary-bundle-id "comdigitalsignage" --username "user@Acme.com" --password "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" --file YourAppNameSigned.pkg

xcrun altool --notarization-history 0 -u "user@Acme.com" -p "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

xcrun stapler staple YourAppNameSigned.pkg
~

run commands manually from the above script, one by one

IMPORTANT: when running "xrun --notorization-history..." we need to wait after running it
so progress changes to success from Apple, before running the next command of "xrun stapler..."
you can continue and run "xrun --notorization-history..." over and over until you see
"progress" change to successfull and then finish by running "xrun --notorization-history..."

I know it's not easy... BUT, I just made your life so much easier, hire a freelancer that is aware of the Mac certification process and with the above info you should be able to compile your pure swf app to pkg for Mac Catalina 64 bit OS.

GOOD LUCK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034878072-How-to-Use-the-Workout-Creator-on-mac...

Found this easy guide that allows me to open apps that require AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the steps at the link to fix Workout Creator and successfully removed the quarantine flag for Adobe AIR, but instead of an error message when I launch an .air file now, it simply does nothing.  No error message, no application window, nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so helplful -- easy and it worked.  Crazy that we have to jump through so many hoops for mac though! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LocoSoco OMG! Thank you so much! It worked for me and was done under 3 minutes! (MacOS Catalina 10.15.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Pleasure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the directions and it worked. The only thing I had to do was use the "sudo" command because it was giving me an errno 13 permission denied error. Sudo let me do it as admin. I just typed in my password and it started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina is turning me into a very powerful hacker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do this. It works.

Issues with Adobe AIR under macOS Catalina
In Catalina, the 'quarantine' facility may be applied to Adobe AIR, which will inhibit use of some applications. The steps to resolve this are:

1. Open the Terminal on your Mac: click the Magnifying Glass at top right and enter 'Terminal'; when it offers 'Terminal.app', double-click it.

2. In the Terminal, enter the following 2 lines (pressing Return after each):

cd /Library/Frameworks

sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ./Adobe\ AIR.framework

If you are prompted for a password, enter your system password (the one you use when you start your machine).

3. To check that the framework is no longer quarantined, use this command (and press Return):

ls -l@ ./Adobe\ AIR.framework/

4. Restart your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines