• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air will not install for Mac OS 10.5.8

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2010 Dec 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open the installer.app, I get the message: "You cannot open the application Adobe AIR installer.app because it is not supported on this architecture".  I am running OS 10.5.8 on an iBook G4 (1.42 GHz PowerPC G4).  Help, please.  I do not understand the directions for getting the log msgs.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm sorry you're running into this problem.  The error is being caused by the lack of support for the G4 processor in the AIR 2.5.1 runtime.  Please use AIR 1.5.3 instead.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2010 Dec 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Chris. This worked. Seems like a clue, though, that it's

time to consider upgrading my system ---Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, except the link you have provided is invalid.

This pops up:

"Not Found

The requested URL /air/mac/download/1.5.3/AdobeAIR.dmg was not found on this server."

Can you help with this?

Thanks, Kay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kay,

Did you manage to get round this problem as I also need to install the same version of Adobe Air for a Mac running OS 10.5.8.

Many thanks

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What if it hangs there on the installation screen and does nothing? I'm running  OS 10.11.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.11.1

Adobe Air will not install. It hangs. The cancel hangs and I have to hard shut down the computer.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue... It gets stuck on the install screen and just does nothing. I'm running Mac OS 10.11.3... Have you found a solution to this problem yet? Is this somehow related to Java?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines