• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR on Nexus 10

Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Air app on the market and just got my Nexus 10 to test.  I have used GPU rendering for a long time and it has worked like butter since Gingerbread all the way up to Nexus 7 running 4.2.  On the Nexus 10, app is super choppy and unusable.  If I change to Direct, it becomes semi-uable, still not that great.  Is anyone else seeing this issue?  Is there something as a result of the high res screen that is causing this?  I am going to write a basic GPU app and see what results.  I also have the tried 3.5 (760 and 600) but my existing apps on the market are 3.4  and showing the same issue.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any air app on the Android Play store seems to behave poorly on Nexus 10 running 4.2 but other devices running 4.2 are fine.  I have added a bug for it.  I use Nexus devices as my reference devices since they get newer versions right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

logged a bug @ https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3370376

Cast your vote or you will start to get Nexus 10 users complaining if you use GPU or direct render mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others are starting to vote on this bug, if you have a GPU Android app, go vote as chances are it is impacted by the bug.  It would be a nice holiday treat to have a beta version so I can show off my app on my new high res tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried 3.6 beta SDK and still no fix.  Please vote if you have an Android app using GPU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Negative comments and 1 star ratings are now coming in from N10 users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a gpu app, please vote it up, right now it is low priority.  If you use gpu mode in your app, it will perform badly on the Nexus 10.  Apparently Stage3D still works great but my understanding that is Android 3.0+ (2.3 is 50% of the device mix hitting the play store and the bulk of my app).  I have manually expcluded the N10 from the Play Store but existing users who purchased my app was expecting it to work.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3370376

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been fixed in the release build of AIR 3.6, apparently:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3370376

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated my app yesterday and user that has complained about the Nexus 10 issue reported back saying it is indeed fixed, nice work Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would add one note here... some developers have suggested users get around the issue by turning "Force 4x MSAA" on in the Developer settings of their device. Unfortunately, even with the fix, performance is pretty bad with that setting enabled. So if you have users still complaining about performance you may wish to suggest they look for that setting and turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines