• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android 5.0 Lollipop In-App-Billing v3 Test Purchasing not work.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed  Android 5.0 developer preview on Nexus 7(2013). ( Android L Developer Preview | Android Developers )

In-App-Billing V3 test purchasing currently works on Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.2.

But, Android L returns error,

11-11 14:17:53.126: D/Finsky(1403): [1] PurchaseFragment.handleError: Error: PurchaseError{type=3 subtype=12}

11-11 14:17:53.126: D/Finsky(1403): [1] PurchaseFragment.fail: Purchase failed: PurchaseError{type=3 subtype=12}

and have system dialog below.

This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. Check the help center for more information

Other application (not using AdobeAIR) is working fine on Android L...

Any solutions?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Hi,

Could you please try initiating the in-app purchase now? The issue has been fixed by google at their end. Please let us know if you still face issues.

Thanks,

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in Lollipop concerning Apps that are signed with a key generated by Adobe AIR:

Issue 79089 - android - Lollipop: In-app billing broken because SHA1 fingerprint calculated from APK...

It looks like your App is also affected by this. Lets hope that Google can fix this quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I wanted to let you know that I'm looking into this and will report back once I have additional info.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the current status:

• We've reported this bug to Google and they were aware of the issue.  They are working on a fix, ETA unknown.  Both Adobe and Google are aware that this is a critical for you guys and we'll continue to ping them for updates.  Existing applications will need to wait for Google to push out this update.
  • There are two potential workarounds for *new* applications.  Please note that this will not address existing applications.  Developers will need to use a new app ID, creating a new entry in the Google Play Store.
    • Developers can use the current version (15.0.0.356) of the AIR SDK to create new applications using a self signed cert containing key_type "2048-RSA"
    • We are making a change to our next AIR beta (possibly as soon as next week) that will address the 1024-RSA key_type.  Developers can wait for this beta release and create their applications using the default ADT settings with 1024.

We'll continue to update you with new information as it becomes available.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for the update.

Does that mean that if I always signed my apps with a 2048-RSA key type, the issue won't occur at all with Android L, even on apps that were already published with former versions of the SDK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frédéric C. wrote:

Hi, and thanks for the update.

Does that mean that if I always signed my apps with a 2048-RSA key type, the issue won't occur at all with Android L, even on apps that were already published with former versions of the SDK?

Yes, from what I've been told if you had a 2048-RSA signature, your app would not have encountered any problems with Android L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can check with openssl if a key/certificate is affected by this issue. I have described this in the above mentioned bug report:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79089#c8

I also found out what seems to be the problem with certain keys:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79089#c9

Unfortunately, I think there is no workaround for existing Apps that are signed with a key suffering from this issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Chris and JJ1138. I made the test with openssl and keytool, and my certificate seems fine. That's great news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developers have to create a new app ID and a new entry in the Google Play Store creating a new certificate containing 2048-RSA.

And using the next AIR beta? Hope we can use the same app ID and entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FeDeGbR89: The AIR version doesn't matter at all. This is not an AIR issue, it's a certificate sign issue. Event apps that started as AIR apps but have since then moved on to the native version (but keeping the same certificate/id) are suffering from the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just added a new blog post that describes the current problems and workarounds.  We've also provided a beta version of ADT (linked in the post) that fixes the 1024-RSA issue with new applications.

Adobe AIR and Android 5.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an app in the GooglePlay store, but it's still in beta development and hasn't been distributed outside my development team. The existing certificate is 1024-RSA. 

Chris Campbell wrote:

We've also provided a beta version of ADT (linked in the post) that fixes the 1024-RSA issue with new applications.

Can I just compile with the beta version of ADT at this point and keep my existing GooglePlay entry and appID? Or would it be safer to generate a new 2048-RSA key, and create a new entry in the GooglePlay store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try initiating the in-app purchase now? The issue has been fixed by google at their end. Please let us know if you still face issues.

Thanks,

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this problem fixed on Android 5.0.1

Thanks for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, here's a thought. I don't know that much about how Android verifies the keys, so I could be completely off base.

But: I could get an existing application generated by ADT in the same way as before, add a NEW key (using jarsigner, same as Android apps), and upload that to Google Play as an update. Because it still has the old key, it's a valid update, just signed twice.

If a user installs that version BEFORE updating to Android 5, when the update is made, could it allow the update because one of the signatures would be correct?

This wouldn't do anything for people who already updated their phones, but if my assumptions are correct, it could prevent apps from breaking going forward.

Never mind. Signing with several certificates seem to have been disabled, and the store will reject your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app is working fine on lollipop (captive runtime)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.lagardere.tele7jeux&hl=fr_FR

The only issue come from in-app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines