• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android 5 lollipop update remove all AIR apps

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Android 5 OTA on two Nexus 7 2014 and 2013, after upgrading all the AIR apps were removed, native apps remained. I tried to install the apps from Google Play and i got an 505 install error. 

The logcat error is below:

E/Finsky(4449): [1] PackageInstallerImpl.handleCommitCallback: Error -505 while installing air.com.123.456 INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/air.com.123.456-1: Package air.com.123.456 signatures do not match the previously installed version; ignoring!

The apps are the same as before upgrading , they were not updated, the certificate is the same.

Anyone else seen this problem, is there an AIR patch?

I can install the app by "adb uninstall" command then re installing from Google play.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention the problem happens on apps using AIR upto 15.302, some are on AIR 14 still. I have also got the same error reported by a few users who upgraded to 5, also using Nexus 7, is it nexus 7 only im not sure, i dont have other Nexus devices to test on.

I found this issue , Kitkat and Lollipop generate different fingerprints (SHA1) for same certificate, when cert was generated with adt tool , is it related?

Issue 79089 - android - Lollpop: In-app billing broken because SHA1 fingerprint calculated from APK ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm this problem on my Nexus 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android 5.0 Lollipop users are mostly facing this issue of Unknown Error 505. Still there is no such working solution for this issue error 505 but you can try factory reset and clearing cache and data of Google Play Store this may work for this.

Source : TechPayee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes getting same error while downloading adobe air apps from google play. There are some issues with that. I have checked it on nexus 7.

Might be adobe will release new sdk for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe problem. I got this error not only while installing AIR application.

After upgrade to Android 5.0 AIR app and some other disapear (Instaweather Pro) - and when try to install one of this app - I see this error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have logcat output? There seems to be other issues that cause this error specifically with permissions , see below.

Issue 1668 - android-developer-preview - Unknown error code during application install: 505 - A publ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem for me. A user reported the 505 error on my app after upgrading to Android 5.0 on his Nexus 7 2012.

Unfortunately I have no solution for him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was aware of a certificate problem with in-app billing in Lollipop and we have escalated this issue with Google.  I was not aware of apps being removed.  Unless this is cert related, I'm not sure who is working on this with Google.  I'll follow up internally and see if I can get more info.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love how Android dev always manages to be painful, even with cross platform tools. With PhoneGap you spend a disproportionate amount of time fighting with the Android browser. Now even Adobe AIR isn't immune. After I die Android bugs will still find a way to waste my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

There definitely is some issue and is not just one offs, on Empire Four Kingdoms , a popular AIR app, there is reviews now popping up about the issue.

Empire: Four Kingdoms - Android Apps on Google Play

Update Just upgraded to Android 5.0. Game was no longer installed after update. I've tried to reinstall 3 times and no luck. Keep getting an installations error.

Doesn't work with Android Lollipop The game is nice and micromanagement mechanics are addictives. Nevertheless the game crashed running in the last Android version. I have recently updated to Android 5 Lollipop and the game has disappeared. I have tried to install again but it is not possible. Seems that the game is not prepared for the Lollipop...

Doesn't work in Android v5 lollipop Cannot log in to my nearly an year old account after upgrading to Android v5 lollipop. In fact the game, uninstalls and never allows for reinstall even with multiple attempts.

This is serious issue, basically wipes out all apps from device and then cant reinstall! The worst case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to meet with the mobile team later today and expect to have an update posted here shortly afterwards.  Definitely agree that both of these issues (IAP and Delete/Unable to reinstall) are critical issues and we'll make sure to keep you apprised. 

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick status report:

We were previously unaware of this bug and contrary to other reports, were not working with Google on a fix.  However, we are working with Google on another self signed cert issue that is impacting in app purchases.  It's possible the two are related, but we do not have enough information at this time to determine one way or the other.

That said, we'll be escalating this issue with Google immediately.

We haven't been able to reproduce this problem internally.  We're going to expand our testing and engineering will be canvasing the forum posts and bug reports for additional clues.  If anyone has a solid reproducible case, please let us know what device, app, and OS version you were using before upgrading.

We'll continue to update this thread with any status changes as they become available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like i mentioned above the Empire Kingdoms app has the issue. I upgraded with OTA sideloading which is the same as OTA update, a nexus 7 2012 and 2013, upgrading from Android 4.4.4 . Also the apps below.

Trace English Letters - ABC - Android Apps on Google Play

Kids Maze - Labyrinth Escape - Android Apps on Google Play

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is reproduced on my App as well (Moovz)

Moovz - Gay Social Network - Android Apps on Google Play

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

See below as per requested:

Device: Nexus 5

Prior OS version: Android 4.4.4

App: RedTeam Mobile

RedTeam Mobile - Android Apps on Google Play

I received yesterday the option to Upgrade to Android 5.0 on my device, at that time the App's icon listed above resided on my phone desktop.

After the upgrade, I immediately noticed the icon was missing from the desktop as well from the list of "All Apps". As you can see on the image attached the RedTeam is not listed in Settings / Apps / All (or Downloaded)PicsArt_1416398639210.jpg

When I go to the Google Play app, I see the RedTeam App is listed (with an on the right) but it says "Free", as is not installed. (you can see this also in the second image)PicsArt_1416398723183.jpg

Once I click on that option it takes me to the RedTeam App page in Google Play with the option to Install (same happens if I try to visit the Google Play web site from a computer browser), I have attached another image.download_20141119_070016.png

Finally since my only option is to Install (even though I know is already installed) it gives me an error message:

Unknown error code during application install "-505"download_20141119_070038.png

I have been aware this issue is happening on two additional Nexus 5 devices.

Let me know if you need further details.

Sincerely,

Eduardo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe;

To reproduce this issue

On a nexus 4, 5 or 7.

Running android 4.4.4

Install this application:

Just the Tip! - Free - Android Apps on Google Play

Run the application to confirm it works.

Update your nexus 4, 5 or 7 via OTA or Sideloading.

DO NOT FACTORY RESET

After update, observe that

1. the app is no longer appearing as installed

2. When you go the app store it lets you install it

3. it fails to install with error 505.

Please also refer to this long thread on the issue.

Issue 1668 - android-developer-preview - Unknown error code during application install: 505 - A publ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if is an Adobe bug or a Google bug but it's a big problem. The bug occurs just after the lollipop update when the apps are configured and all air apps lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my android logcat info for the failed install for the steps above;

I/ActivityManager(  533): START u0 {cmp=com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.billing.lightpurchase.LightPurchaseFlowActivity (has extras)} from uid 10051 on display 0

D/audio_hw_primary(  184): select_devices: out_snd_device(2: speaker) in_snd_device(0: none)

D/ACDB-LOADER(  184): ACDB -> send_afe_cal

D/audio_hw_primary(  184): enable_snd_device: snd_device(2: speaker)

D/audio_hw_primary(  184): enable_audio_route: apply and update mixer path: low-latency-playback

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] SelfUpdateScheduler.checkForSelfUpdate: Skipping DFE self-update. Local Version [80300038] >= Server Version [-1]

I/ActivityManager(  533): Displayed com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.billing.lightpurchase.LightPurchaseFlowActivity: +73ms

I/ActivityManager(  533): START u0 {cmp=com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.activities.AppsPermissionsActivity (has extras)} from uid 10051 on display 0

I/ActivityManager(  533): Displayed com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.activities.AppsPermissionsActivity: +146ms

I/qtaguid ( 3356): Failed write_ctrl(u 71) res=-1 errno=22

I/qtaguid ( 3356): Untagging socket 71 failed errno=-22

W/NetworkManagementSocketTagger( 3356): untagSocket(71) failed with errno -22

D/OpenGLRenderer( 3356): endAllStagingAnimators on 0x9789c600 (IconButtonGroup) with handle 0xaf4551c0

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] LightPurchaseFlowActivity.handleAppPermissionResult: Permissions accepted: air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] InstallerImpl.requestInstall: Request install of air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree v=9018 for single_install

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] PackageInstallerImpl.innerCreateSession: Created session 1606842735 for air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] InstallerImpl.kick: Installer kick - starting air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree

I/qtaguid ( 3356): Failed write_ctrl(u 22) res=-1 errno=22

I/qtaguid ( 3356): Untagging socket 22 failed errno=-22

W/NetworkManagementSocketTagger( 3356): untagSocket(22) failed with errno -22

I/qtaguid ( 3356): Failed write_ctrl(u 22) res=-1 errno=22

I/qtaguid ( 3356): Untagging socket 22 failed errno=-22

W/NetworkManagementSocketTagger( 3356): untagSocket(22) failed with errno -22

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree from null to UNQUEUED.

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.add: Download air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree added to DownloadQueue

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree from UNQUEUED to QUEUED.

I/installd(  185): free_cache(12408645) avail 4981481472

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.startDownload: Download air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree starting

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [353] 7.run: Enqueued air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree as content://downloads/my_downloads/6076

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree from QUEUED to DOWNLOADING.

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.onStart: air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree: onStart

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.notifyProgress: air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree: onProgress 0/-1 Status: 190.

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.notifyProgress: air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree: onProgress 0/-1 Status: 192.

D/DownloadManager( 4324): [6076] Starting

W/ActivityThread( 4324): ClassLoader.loadClass: The class loader returned by Thread.getContextClassLoader() may fail for processes that host multiple applications. You should explicitly specify a context class loader. For example: Thread.setContextClassLoader(getClass().getClassLoader());

D/audio_hw_primary(  184): disable_audio_route: reset and update mixer path: low-latency-playback

D/audio_hw_primary(  184): disable_snd_device: snd_device(2: speaker)

I/        ( 4719): nine-notify : resendNotifications

I/NotifUtils( 4719): Validating Notification, mapSize: 1 getAttention: true

I/art     (  533): Explicit concurrent mark sweep GC freed 68357(3MB) AllocSpace objects, 7(307KB) LOS objects, 33% free, 27MB/41MB, paused 1.708ms total 97.198ms

I/NotifUtils( 4719): validateNotifications - cancelling account -1111410250 / folder 2514

D/DownloadManager( 4324): [6076] Finished with status SUCCESS

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadBroadcastReceiver.onReceive: Intent received at DownloadBroadcastReceiver

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.notifyProgress: air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree: onProgress 12408645/12408645 Status: 200.

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadImpl.setState: air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree from DOWNLOADING to SUCCESS.

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.onComplete: air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree: onComplete

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.remove: Download air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree removed from DownloadQueue

I/installd(  185): free_cache(0) avail 4969066496

I/installd(  185): free_cache(12408645) avail 4969070592

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] 1.onPostExecute: Committing session 1606842735 for air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] 4.installBeginning: Begin install of air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree

I/ActivityManager(  533): Start proc com.android.defcontainer for service com.android.defcontainer/.DefaultContainerService: pid=5434 uid=10013 gids={50013, 9997, 1028, 1015, 1023, 2001} abi=armeabi-v7a

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] PackageVerificationReceiver.onReceive: Verification requested, id = 0

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] WorkerTask.onPreExecute: Verification Requested for id = 0, data=file:///data/app/vmdl1606842735.tmp flags=18 fromVerificationActivity=false

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [356] PackageVerificationService.getPackageInfo: Cannot read archive for file:///data/app/vmdl1606842735.tmp in request id=0

D/PackageManager(  533): /data/app/vmdl1606842735.tmp already staged; skipping copy

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] PackageVerificationReceiver.onReceive: Verification requested, id = 0

D/PackageManager(  533): Renaming /data/app/vmdl1606842735.tmp to /data/app/air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree-1

I/PackageManager(  533): Package air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree codePath changed from /data/app/air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree-2.apk to /data/app/air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree-1; Retaining data and using new

W/PackageManager(  533): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree-1

W/PackageManager(  533): com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerException: Package air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree signatures do not match the previously installed version; ignoring!

W/PackageManager(  533): at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.verifySignaturesLP(PackageManagerService.java:4426)

W/PackageManager(  533): at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.scanPackageDirtyLI(PackageManagerService.java:5388)

W/PackageManager(  533): at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.scanPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:5160)

W/PackageManager(  533): at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.installNewPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:9987)

W/PackageManager(  533): at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.installPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:10495)

W/PackageManager(  533): at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService.access$2300(PackageManagerService.java:231)

W/PackageManager(  533): at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$6.run(PackageManagerService.java:8441)

W/PackageManager(  533): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)

W/PackageManager(  533): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)

W/PackageManager(  533): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)

W/PackageManager(  533): at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

W/PackageManager(  533): at com.android.server.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:46)

I/ActivityManager(  533): Killing 4372:net.nurik.roman.dashclock/u0a40 (adj 15): empty #17

W/libprocessgroup(  533): failed to open /acct/uid_10040/pid_4372/cgroup.procs: No such file or directory

I/art     (  533): Explicit concurrent mark sweep GC freed 35145(2MB) AllocSpace objects, 12(180KB) LOS objects, 33% free, 27MB/41MB, paused 1.953ms total 112.426ms

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] PackageInstallerImpl.cancelSession: Canceling session 1606842735 for air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree

E/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] PackageInstallerImpl.handleCommitCallback: Error -505 while installing air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree: INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree-1: Package air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree signatures do not match the previously installed version; ignoring!

W/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] 4.installFailed: Install failure of air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree: -505 null

D/Finsky  ( 3356): [1] InstallerTask.cancelCleanup: Cancel running installation of air.net.celadora.JustTheTipFree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more information;

Compiling a new APK with an incremented version # doesn't help. same error in the logcat output.

I did hear using a new certificate works but i've not tried that and that is a pretty drastic fix IMHO.

This is either an adobe or android issue, either way a lot of people are having this problem or will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our App Bonza Word Puzzle is being effected by both lollipop issues here. (The 505 error and the self signing certificate issue)  

My experience if it helps:

505 BUG:

- I havn't tried replicating the 505 error myself, however we have been receiving many support tickets from our users about the issue. Many of these users are now on our beta list ready to test a fix.

- I have heard the issue happen for users with:  Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4 Upgrading to 5.0L. Also reports of users with Nexus4 and Nexus 7.

We have been telling our users that its a known issue and that Google and Adobe are working together to address it. Unfortunately we cannot give a timeframe and thank them for their patience.

We also tell some of our users that if they are familiar with ADB, using it to uninstalling the app will fix the problem (allowing them to download the game from Google Play. I've actually been quite surprised by how many of our users are adb savvy (Although we certainly wont be putting it on our FAQ page) 

- Punya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same shit. The Tower - Приложения на Google Play Have lot of reports from users with Nexus 5 + Lollipop. They can't launch our game and after uninstalling they could't even download it because of -505 error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taken from this post:

https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=1668

See comments #45 -> "Google is working with Adobe to fix the issue, but there is no time scale."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm this problem on my Nexus 5 Android 5 lollipop, error 505, all air app not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having the same issue;

I'ved added to this ticket here:

Issue 79375 - android - Unknown error during application installation -505 - Android Open Source Pro...

My users are also having this issue

1. For users who upgraded via OTA or Sideloaded (both nexus 5 and nexus 7) to lollipop, all the AIR based apps were removed and when trying to reinstall gets error 505.

2. For users who upgraded OTA or Sideload and did a factory reset afterwards, everything works properly.

We've tried routes such as appuninstaller but the apps don't appear. I don't want to instruct my users on how to use adb as that is just a bad message to send.

Here is a thread on the dev preview regarding this;

https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=1668

Here is a developer who worked with google and has more info on this:

https://minimega.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203101708-Error-505-when-installing-Bonza-on-Android-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines