• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error #0 and inability to do anything

Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So, I'm going to describe the problem right away. I'm on Windows 7. I recently tried installing a small flash game with Adobe AIR, but recieved an error message about being unable to install(I don't remember the exact text) and it said "Error #0" at the bottom. This was with Adobe AIR 1.5.3.9120, the version I still have, but more on that a bit later. When installing the game, Adobe AIR wanted me to update to the newest version, 2.1.7, in fact it would have done that automatically. However, there was that Error #0. Afterwards I tried updating Adobe AIR myself(by manually downloading the update from this website), but I recieved this message:

"An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator.".

Needless to say, I am the administrator, and Adobe AIR has premission to do whatever it likes. I still haven't solved the problem, so that's the message I still get.

First I tried uninstalling Adobe AIR via Programs and Features, but that failed - I was given the same message as the one before.

Then I tried going to the location of the update file in the command prompt and writing AdobeAIRInstaller -uninstall, upon which I received the following: Uninstalling Adobe AIR (all versions) failed (consult log).

Luckily, I have made a log, and here it is:

UI SWF load is complete
UI initialized
starting user confirmation
Version of this installer: 1.5.3.9120
Newest installed version: 1.5.3.9120
Installation type: patchSame
starting elevated install
subinstaller: starting uninstall
subinstaller: Beginning install
subinstaller: Uninstalling product w/ GUID {A2BCA9F1-566C-4805-97D1-7FDC93386723}
subinstaller: Error occurred; beginning rollback: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1612" errorID=0]
subinstaller: Rollback due to error complete
subinstaller: error during install: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1612" errorID=0]
Failed during elevated install: error 0 1612
runtime install entering error state: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="1612" errorID=0]
begin quitting

My hard disk is partitioned, so I went to the other partition, used by another person, and because I know that my C:\ drive is F:\ there, tried installing the game, and it worked. The game then worked on my partition too. Recently, however, a patch came out and I installed in the same way, but now I get this message on my partition(it works fine on the other one): "The installation of this application is damaged. Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance."

I also defragmented my C:\ drive, which didn't help either.

So, how to fix this?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

I'm sorry you're running into installation issues with AIR.  Microsoft has just released a new utility that can help resolve installation problems.  Would you mind giving this a try and let us know how it works for you?  When running the Fix it, go through the uninstall process and try to remove Adobe AIR from your system.  Once finished, download the latest version of AIR and install again.

Microsoft Install and Uninstall Fix It

If you still encounter problems, we'll need to review the AIR insta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you're running into installation issues with AIR.  Microsoft has just released a new utility that can help resolve installation problems.  Would you mind giving this a try and let us know how it works for you?  When running the Fix it, go through the uninstall process and try to remove Adobe AIR from your system.  Once finished, download the latest version of AIR and install again.

Microsoft Install and Uninstall Fix It

If you still encounter problems, we'll need to review the AIR installer log to better diagnose the issue.  Please post back with the log contents.  You can find instructions for finding these logs here:

AIR Installer Log Instructions

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! This completely fixed my problem in half a minute!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines