• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error while trying to install Adobe AIR

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i try to install adobe AIR on my macbook with osX Lion but when click on the installer the installation window does not appear.

I can post also the crash report.

This is the system.log file related:

Nov 23 16:33:02 MacBook-Pro-di-Giuseppe Adobe AIR Installer[4722]: Runtime Installer begin with version 3.1.0.4880 on Mac OS 10.7.2 x86

Nov 23 16:33:02 MacBook-Pro-di-Giuseppe Adobe AIR Installer[4722]: Commandline is: -psn_0_1720740

Nov 23 16:33:02 MacBook-Pro-di-Giuseppe Adobe AIR Installer[4722]: No installed runtime detected

Nov 23 16:33:03 MacBook-Pro-di-Giuseppe Adobe AIR Installer[4722]: -[__NSCFString backingScaleFactor]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x46f560

Nov 23 16:35:31 MacBook-Pro-di-Giuseppe com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[246] ([0x0-0x1a41a4].com.adobe.air.Installer[4722]): Job appears to have crashed: Bus error: 10

Nov 23 16:35:31 MacBook-Pro-di-Giuseppe ReportCrash[4763]: Saved crash report for Adobe AIR Installer[4722] version 3.1 (3.1.0.4880) to /Users/Giuseppe/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Adobe AIR Installer_2011-11-23-163531_MacBook-Pro-di-Giuseppe.crash

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bepperk,

If you're still running into this issue, could you try disabling gpu switching in your energy saver control panel in system preferences?  Once that's disabled, try installing again.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that solved me the problem thank you. Does this bug will be solved in the next upgrade of adobe air?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed my problem installing AIR also.

Needs to be more prominently indicated somewhere on this site!

Please fix this asap.

Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working with Apple to address this as soon as possible.  Thanks for letting us know it worked for you.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved numerous install and runtime issues for me as well. All my AIR apps were crashing with segfaults or bus errors, the AIR uninstaller would crash every time as well and when I ran the AIR installer it would give me an error message saying that it required AIR to be installed in order to run.  After turning off Graphics Switching, all of these problems stopped and AIR is working well again. 

I agree that an issue this severe needs to be made MUCH more visible until it is completely addressed.  I had an incredibly problematic week because I was travelling and needed to run an AIR application on my Macbook in order to create and present application mockups to a major client.  In the end I had to crate a virtual installation of windows XP and run the AIR application from there - knowing there was such a simple workaround would have made my life much easier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I've posted it on the front page of the AIR forums and I'll look into getting a blog post in place.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a customer using Klok that is running into a similar issue. But to make things even more confusing, the problems only occur for a single user account. When, logging in as someone else everything is working fine. Also, none of the suggestions about turning off graphics switching or running Chrome/Firefox solve the problem for this one user. It is very strange indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines