Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

errors occurred in the app thinning process

Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just tried to upload my AIR app on Itunes Connect and receive this mail from Apple :

"While processing your iOS app, Marées-NC 3.9.0(3.9.0), errors occurred in the app thinning process, and your app couldn’t be thinned. If your app contains bitcode, bitcode processing may have failed. Because of these errors, this build of your app will not be able to be submitted for review or placed on the App Store. For information that may help resolve this issue, see Tech Note 2432."

What does that mean ? Any idea what's that error is meaning ?

Thx for the answer.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Thanks to Krati Rastogi, the solution has been found.

You must NOT have special character in the name of your app.

The special character is causing the error "app thinning" error (not very logic, but that's the way it is).

Hope everyone who will have this error will find this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this issue since 2 weeks ago. I'm using Flash CC and Air 23.0.0.257 for iOS, no aditional ANE, only some jpg, png and mp4 videos included in the package.

I uploaded the app via Application Loader 3.6 in OSX Sierra.

I can send my .ipa if you want.

Please some solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this may help to clarify what´s going on:

Since this issue began some weeks ago I had been able to upload several apps to the App Store.

After uploading an app with "Application Loader"

1. I always get the email saying:

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for “bla-di-bla.”. Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Regards,

The App Store team

2. Most of the times, after some minutes I get this mail:

Dear —

The following build has completed processing:

Platform: iOS

App Name: —.

Build Number: 1.0.10

Version Number: 1.0.10

App SKU: —

App Apple ID: 7—

You can now use this build for TestFlight testing or submit it to the App Store.

If you have any questions regarding your app, click Contact Us in iTunes Connect.

Regards,

The App Store team

3. Then I´m able to do everything as usual.

4. There is just one app I haven´t been able to upload because of the message:

Dear —,

While processing your iOS app, —, errors occurred in the app thinning process, and your app couldn’t be thinned. If your app contains bitcode, bitcode processing may have failed. Because of these errors, this build of your app will not be able to be submitted for review or placed on the App Store. For information that may help resolve this issue, see Tech Note 2432.

Regards,

The App Store team

5. I use the milkman games ANEs for Admob in all my apps and I use Animate CC 2015

6. I have found that this issue is not just affecting AIR developers:

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=errors+occurred+in+the+app+thinning+process%2C+and+your+app+could...

7. So, I think it is an issue from apple. The thing is that some apps can be uploaded but some others can´t be uploaded because of this issue:

your app couldn’t be thinned. If your app contains bitcode, bitcode processing may have failed

I hope this can be helpful for some other developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, some apps are uploaded just fine on the app store, but one of my app can't be upload cause of this "couldn't be thinned" error.

Very very frustrating as it's been nearly 2 months than I can't update my app !!!

Adobe do something please !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's only an issue on Apple side as Corona managed to fix this error.

The error seems to come from the Info.plist (accessible when uncompress ipa file with winrar)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded AIR BETA 24 that was released yesterday. I hoped it fixes the "app thinning error" bug but no.....

It fixes the "UI device error" but not the app thinning process error. So I still can't update my app since the 07 september... WE REALLY NEED THIS BUG FIXED ADOBE/APPLE !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephdidou,

Please send me your email ID, location, and phone number over a private message. I will share it with the team. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

I am moving this post to the Adobe AIR forum meanwhile.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent you a private message.

Just for your information, other people are facing this issue.

You can read some here : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39390546/itunes-connect-errors-occurred-in-the-app-thinning-proce...

iTunes Connect: Processing stopped for build an app. - Page 2 - Apple TV and tvOS Testing - Corona L...

and here :

ios - iTunes Connect Errors occurred in the app thinning process, and your app couldn’t be thinned? ...

Let us know if you the team is well aware of this problem and if a fix is being prepared.

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Krati Rastogi, the solution has been found.

You must NOT have special character in the name of your app.

The special character is causing the error "app thinning" error (not very logic, but that's the way it is).

Hope everyone who will have this error will find this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Everyone,

Yes. This issue seems to occur when there is some special character in the application name. Please try to upload your application once again after removing the special character.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Krati

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines