• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix error message "installer file is damaged"?

Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to download an application that uses Abode AIR.  I always receive the same error message "Sorry, an error has occurred. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged.  Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."  I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe AIR and keep getting the same error message.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe release updated versions of the AIR installers that came with Creative Suite 6?  I can't install AdobeHelp.air or WidgetBrowser.air using the files that were created by AAMEE 3.1 without changing the date of the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

u can install SettingsManager.air simply by changing the time in pc settings to the year 2015 or 14...i just tried it out works fine then u can update the time again on pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue of receiving the "installer file is damaged" issue. Using Windows XP, I simply changed the date on Windows to a date prior to Oct. 30, 2017, reset the computer, then installed the software (as administrator) and it installed successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines