• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please support CameraRoll properly on Android

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With some dismay I just tested AIR 16 beta to find that the CamerRoll problems have not been addressed in any way.

It still can't load Picassa images on older versions of Android and is comprehensively broken on Android 5.

As it is I'm about to release a product which will have to have a big warning on the front page regarding the broken nature of the gallery to my Android customers. It's embarrassing.

When is this likely to be addressed?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously guys, what is going on with this issue?

It seems like years ago now, that I raised this issue, gave you comlete reproduction steps, and was told that it was being worked on.

Still to this day, we can not load any remote images on a Android Device. Picassa, Google+, Dropbox, etc etc etc... all show up in the Image Picker, and then return null when chosen from AIR.

Embarassing is right. How can you let major features like CameraRoll just sit broken for years on end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a recap, here's the bug:

Bug#3655606 - CameraRoll.browseForImage does not work with any Remote Photo Albums

Forum thread going back to June 2013

Re: CameraRoll on Android and pictures from Google drivehttps://forums.adobe.com/message/5584868

Sure would be nice to get something like this fixed.

Make's us all look a bit silly when we create Photo Editors, people pay good money for them, and then can't even open their Images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully the fact that it doesn't work at all with the new Gallery replacement might prompt Adobe to work on the CameraUI.

There's a bugbase entry you may like to read/vote on here:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3785467

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*BUMP* Please stop ignoring this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tumbleweed[1].jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please fix the cameraRoll issues for more stability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a problem like this. On some devices Android kills the application on background when Camera Roll is shown and user selects a picture. After user selects a picture, the application restarts.

Is it possible to solve this problem in Air 16 or I should wait for next releases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines